See bull mount

Help Support CattleToday:

S.R.R.

Reaction score
What are the chances that you will see your bull accually mount and breed your cattle. I had a few that you could tell the bull was after in the evening but by morning things had settled down. I never did see him mount the cow but they have not come back in yet and that was in sept.

I was told if you see a cow holding her tail to her side she probably has been bred. I have seen one of mine doing that after being pursued by my bull but didn't see them mate.

Some of them will hold their tail out away from their body after being bred, too.

Well that is sure what they were doing the next morning so that is good. I read that a cow will only let a bull mount her for less then 8 hours so if it happend at night it could be missed I guess.

don't know why but my bulls seem to like to do it at night!!!
hummmm
bout the same time i try to get frisky with mema :D

Stocker Steve":2wln9prj said:
memanpa":2wln9prj said:
don't know why but my bulls seem to like to do it at night!!! :D

Ugly cows???

You know they're ugly if the bull carrys a bunch of paper bags around with him

dun

ive seen our bulls mount the cows.they dont care if its nite or day.yall must have real shy bulls.i know brimmers wont breed during the day.they wait an mount at nite.heck ive seen bulls that could care less if a cow was in heat.youd have to drive them to the cow.scott

bigbull338":3enru8np said:
ive seen our bulls mount the cows.they dont care if its nite or day.yall must have real shy bulls.i know brimmers wont breed during the day.they wait an mount at nite.heck ive seen bulls that could care less if a cow was in heat.youd have to drive them to the cow.scott

Drive em to the cow, Id drive em to the sale.

i have rarely seen my braford mount a cow, never miss a calf. brahman cattle don't like an audience

Have seen several Brahman bulls mount the cows. Had one that would bring them up to the fence so he could show off.

The neighbor complaned about his old bull never mounting but he was a midnight Romeo cause all of the girls got bred. Bull got snotty so he shipped him and brought in a new bull. He was tickled to death cause he saw the bull mount a couple of cows the first week. They just preg checked. Of 17 heifers 10 are open, all of the others were bred the first month he was in with them. We put CIDRS in the 10 and I'll be AIing them for him tomorrow.
He is one unhappy camper!

dun

An ol' timer told me once that black bulls (I'm assuming he meant angus or brangus) like to do their business at night. One of the brangus bulls we have now doesn't care. A couple of months ago I brought my 7 year old daughter to check the cows with me. It was late in the evening. I didn't notice, but she screamed out, "Dad, that bull is trying to kill that cow!" " What's he doing on top of her?" Not wanting to just throw this back at my wife, I sat out there with her for about an hour talking to her about it. The funny thing was that the whole time we were talking, that bull was trying to earn his keep. Now she laughs and says, "Dad, the bull is breeding number 11, you need to write that down."

The 2 black Simme bulls my brother and dad bought last spring don't seem to care. They will breed anything, anywhere, anytime. I guess if there can be gay bulls there can be jigalow bulls too. :oops:

The bull that we have in the pasture with the girls, doesn't care when or where either. He will even redo some that are already bred. We think he just gets the urge sometime. Mostly he does this though when one of the show heifer's is in heat, he can't get to them so he just grabs one of the cows that he can get to stand still. ;-)

He's funny to watch sometimes.

mom

TennCattleMan57":2bingn9g said:
Uhhhhhhh okay Looks like my last post is gone :(

What happened to it? Are you sure you clicked "submit"? Sometimes I type a long response and then forget to click submit and close the window. :oops: