security camera

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":27cfyjed said:
Arnold Ziffle":27cfyjed said:
This might get me laughed off the boards, but for you folks that have barns, storage sheds, chicken coops, etc. that are within about 400 feet of your house -- have you ever considered just using one of the newer baby monitors to wake and/or alert you to thieves? Seems like they could work pretty well to alert you to thieving activity while you're sleeping peacefully at home. I would guess that if those devices allow you can hear a baby breathe, squirm or cry from 400 feet you could also hear the noise from a middle of the night thief. Catch them in the act, have your gun ready to hold them at bay and call 911.

Or put one of these Dakota alerts in the area at question, It will wake you for sure.
thanks for the link.i checked them out and liked what i saw.ill buy one of their systems for sure.also my wife bought me one of those new trail cams today that is digital.i can either insert a card or down load it to the computer and make still photos or video on disk.its a neat thing to have.i have an older one that uses 35 mm plus 10 batteries.its kind of exp. to use.i got it to check out the deer on the lease and only used it once or twice.figured i like watching them through the scope on my 270 short win mag. better.
http://www.dakotaalert.com/

This might sound stupid but if you know who it is and what direction they are coming from put a sign on a wooden stake near what ever they are stealing from and name them by name and tell them the next time there won't be a sign just a shotgun blast.

tuck":1jrcqypx said:
This might sound stupid but if you know who it is and what direction they are coming from put a sign on a wooden stake near what ever they are stealing from and name them by name and tell them the next time there won't be a sign just a shotgun blast.
:nod: :nod: :nod:

tuck":167vfdrm said:
yeah that sounds good but in the days we live in the crook sees a sign like that calls the sherriff and has you arrested for terroristic threats.he will eventually screw up and get a 9mm in the head.i did post no tresspassing signs.what turns my stomach is when the older folks pass on yuppies and druggies from the city buy the small farms and move in with their druggs and crime.ive heard reports that this paricular neighbor who has been stealing from me sells drugs.if so he wont be here long.we dont tollerate thet here.

tuck":2ai0rd6q said:

Simple & creative. I like that.

Having had similar experiences in the past, I find that rigging a paint ball gun up to hit the crooks kills 2 birds with one stone.
Makes it alot easier to identify the intruders for the sherriff as well.
Another simple method is pouring lots of baking flour in the area they must go to steal items.
Hard to get that stuff out of the cracks in boots.
Boots leave a imprint in the flour. Sherriff likes that.

There are lots of ways to catch a rat.

Latest posts