Secret life of farm dogs.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills":ys3aaffm said:
Went out checking cows this afternoon, when I came back to the truck, my wife showed me these pictures.

Love the pics Ky.....looks like the dog is mimicking you. If it were mine though he'd be holding a beer. :lol: :lol: :drink:

My new Australian Sheppard puppy just starting to go to the farm with me. Joker loves to ride on the tool box. Been trying to sling him off at slow speeds in the pasture to teach him a lesson, haven't been succesful yet, it's amazing how agile he is.

I learned just how smart and much dogs take in of what we do with my now almost 11 yr old Border Collie, Sam. Had him since 6 weeks old. I honestly didn't think that little Jip was as perceptive but with moments like the steering wheel pose, I am standing corrected. A while back she was playing around in the living room where we were, and she weaseled her way to where my wife's coffee cup was, and vacuumed it before she realized what she was doing. It was probably 1/2 milk and a lot of sugar. Within minutes her eyes were wide open and she was speeding around and around and around the room like a race car. Wife looked up affects of coffee on dogs, found out caffeine was toxic to them, so we were worried about her for a while. She zipped around for hours, and got red eyed and finally slept it off. The funniest part of the ordeal was about an hour after she got into the coffee, she went to her water bowl and then, must have decided she wanted more coffee, and went back to where she found the cup earlier. She was disturbed that it wasn't there anymore.

The Grands and the dog fight over who gets to sit next to the boss. Gabby goes everywhere the boss goes.

She isn't the greatest cattle dog in the world but she does help when were moving cattle and there is no doubt the boss is partial to her.

Ky hills":9m6cnanh said:
I learned just how smart and much dogs take in of what we do with my now almost 11 yr old Border Collie, Sam. Had him since 6 weeks old. I honestly didn't think that little Jip was as perceptive but with moments like the steering wheel pose, I am standing corrected. A while back she was playing around in the living room where we were, and she weaseled her way to where my wife's coffee cup was, and vacuumed it before she realized what she was doing. It was probably 1/2 milk and a lot of sugar. Within minutes her eyes were wide open and she was speeding around and around and around the room like a race car. Wife looked up affects of coffee on dogs, found out caffeine was toxic to them, so we were worried about her for a while. She zipped around for hours, and got red eyed and finally slept it off. The funniest part of the ordeal was about an hour after she got into the coffee, she went to her water bowl and then, must have decided she wanted more coffee, and went back to where she found the cup earlier. She was disturbed that it wasn't there anymore.

Reading an article dogs have the intelligence of a 2 to 4 year old depending on the breed.
If I remember correctly the ACD was number 4 or 5.

I've had 2 blue heelers and still have one. I love them, we open the barn up in the morning and she will not leave it stays right there all day. She did kill her share of chickens when I first got them, and has snipped at a few kids who got a little rough with her but she's outgrown most of that now. Smart loyal dogs just can't get mine to help with cows, more in the way

Latest posts