secondhand lions

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh Brother Where Art Thou was really good, and especially the music.

Another one that I really liked but didn't get any attention when it came out is Places in the Heart, with Sally Fields.

"Murphy's Romance" with Sally Fields and James Gardner. :nod: Really sweet movie. :heart: .Not many people saw it.
"The Princess Bride" Sword fights-pirates-giants---What's not to like!?
" Kiki's Delivery Service"--Old style cel by cel anamation--Japanese,so the story takes a few turns that "we" don't expect. Absolutely the most beautiful art work..
All these are rated "G",so the grandkids can watch without you sitting there with your finger on the mute button. :clap: All are older,so the kids problilly won't have seen them.

3waycross":2ouyd7wf said:
ga. prime":2ouyd7wf said:
It was the part played by Michael Caine that made me not like it. If they had used somebody like Tommy lee Jones or Rip Torn for that part I feel like it would have been a far better movie.

You just don't like furiners. I agree though. I am not a Caine fan. Tommy Lee Jones woulda done a lot better job.

As long as they don't use that commie Redford I don't really care tho.
personally i like michael caine. but not as a cowboy
:cowboy:

brandonm_13":340tncdg said:
I thought Michael Caine did a great job in the role.

I would have thought his made up southern accent would have bothered someone from Tennessee.

3waycross":3py9u4ys said:
brandonm_13":3py9u4ys said:

I would have thought his made up southern accent would have bothered someone from Tennessee.
you ought too hear yankee's try their hand at it when they try and fit in around here,, it'll grate on your dam nerves :lol:

Second Hand Lions was lovely and I hope to watch it again soon. However, I don't think Tommy Lee Jones would have fit unless it was in Robert Duvall's roll.
Two of my favorites were Lonesome Dove and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

alacattleman":gxa7d13j said:
3waycross":gxa7d13j said:
brandonm_13":gxa7d13j said:

you ought too hear yankee's try their hand at it when they try and fit in around here,, it'll grate on your dam nerves :lol:

His fake southern accent is better than all the yankee fake southern accents I've heard.

I love the movie and thought Caine was very good in it. I think he did a pretty darn good job with his Texas accent and Duval was, as always, super. The other features on the DVD, concerning all the troubles the guy went through to get his movie made, are pretty interesting as well.

Great casting is so very important to a movie -- can anyone envision Lonesome Dove with actors other than Duval and Tommy Lee? Or somebody other than Tom Selleck in Quiqley Down Under? And Selleck & Sam Elliot were born to play the roles in the Louis L'mour westerns.

Might be interesting for some of you to mention movies that had bad or very questionable casting. One that has always irritated me is the movie "Giant". I thought Rock Hudson was a terrible pick for the role of Bick Benedict. Which ones annoyed you?