Second time its happened

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4":6xt0rp66 said:
Sounds like a mental problem....But has anyone checked his icebox? He may not be cooking for himself no matter how much his surroundings are worth. Does he SAY anything about the cooking or just mess it up.. As we get older our tastebuds go mia..Is he on meds?

Yes Peg it's a mental problem he is a 59 yr old child in many ways. He is very professional and runs a large public utility but is also a momma's
boy with no momma. So now he is trying to make his little sister be his momma and believe me she doesn't like it much. I feel kinda sorry for him, but not really, he didn't even come to our wedding cuz momma said not to(neither did she). And now 33 yrs later he sits at my table and eats like a pig like nuthin ever happened.

BTW, no meds, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

3waycross":2hv14eur said:
peg4x4":2hv14eur said:
Sounds like a mental problem....But has anyone checked his icebox? He may not be cooking for himself no matter how much his surroundings are worth. Does he SAY anything about the cooking or just mess it up.. As we get older our tastebuds go mia..Is he on meds?

Yes Peg it's a mental problem he is a 59 yr old child in many ways. He is very professional and runs a large public utility but is also a momma's
boy with no momma. So now he is trying to make his little sister be his momma and believe me she doesn't like it much. I feel kinda sorry for him, but not really, he didn't even come to our wedding cuz momma said not to(neither did she). And now 33 yrs later he sits at my table and eats like a pig like nuthin ever happened.

:lol2: :nod: :lol2: :nod: :nod: :nod:

lol.. it's stories like this that make me REALLY glad we decide to spend the holidays alone. It's supposed to be a time to enjoy your family / friends, but it always amazes me how stressed out some folks become! What's the fun in that?

I agree with the poster that suggested you put aside whatever you want to keep for yourselves, and offer anything that's left over to others. Or.. don't offer any left overs.

VanC":3q9p0qcq said:
Wewild, you seem to be taking this thing well. I'm not sure I could.

Thanks Van. I didn't feel this way when I first realized I didn't have anymore turkey to eat.

I couldn't imagine spending the holidays without getting together with our families. Everyone has folks in their family that seem different. It is just part of aging that we get to see more and more things that don't fit within our ideals. Like I said earlier. Someone may feel the same about me. It takes all kinds. Life is too short.

"I don't mean nothing".

Wewild":1dss071m said:
Everyone has folks in their family that seem different.

Exactly. I've got a laundry list. We took our own pie this Christmas. After dinner, we found someone had hidden all the pies again. Even ours.

backhoeboogie":3d53tjtx said:
Wewild":3d53tjtx said:
Everyone has folks in their family that seem different.

Exactly. I've got a laundry list. We took our own pie this Christmas. After dinner, we found someone had hidden all the pies again. Even ours.

That's kinda sad in a way.

Okay, everybody go ahead and air out their weirdo family laundry - I guarantee yall that I can top it!

The older I get, the more it becomes clear to me that I'm the only normal person I know. :lol2:

cfpinz":2xkqrd9s said:
Okay, everybody go ahead and air out their weirdo family laundry - I guarantee yall that I can top it!

The older I get, the more it becomes clear to me that I'm the only normal person I know. :lol2:

Why don't you just go ahead and get it started. Let's see how high you can set the bar. :shock:

I had an Aunt that,whenever her car broke down,believed that someone had came in and took the good parts off her car and put bad ones in.. Also that people from the store stole her garden tools and sold them back to her. There is more....

cfpinz":kbatfsdx said:

It is pretty simple. We go to the city for the in-laws. Huge house on a 1/8 acre spread with no parking. Sit around and watch kids play guitar hero 3 to 4 hours on the big screen or you can go upstairs and watch some others on a video game on that television. Then we have dinner - finally. The cost of everything is divided and you pay your part. All the food is then hidden away forever, including anything you happened to bring. Then it is 3 or 4 more hours of guitar hero before the wife decides it time to go. Thanksgiving same as Christmas. This year we missed Thanksgiving because we went to the huge gathering in East Texas for my extended family.

My parents are gone and her parents are gone. It is way past time for us to just do our own here at our home every year.

Wow , walk away left over's. That's bad. :eek: Well that doesn't happen here. What happens at our house. The redo left over's walk here. When the messy part of picking the bones, Making new dishes out of the left over. Like the one pot meals, that have to just be reheated. No cooking to be done. We have pork for our dinner, First it's roast pork, then sliced for sandwiches, then bone is cooked down and meat is picked off for pot pie, and last of slices get shredded, and it's added bar-q sauce for pulled pork sandwiches. The contains grow legs and runs for the hills. :lol2: Best part of that is hubby doesn't like left overs. Weird huh :roll: I grew up with left over's that became more left overs!!!!!

Had a sneaky thought about the pies. There is this thingy you put on carkeys that beeps when you push a button. What if one of those (wrapped in clingwrap) somehow got in your pie??! You could trace it down and embarris somebodybigtime!

We don't have that problem at our place....most of the guests are family that is staying with us for the holidays anyway. Keeping turkeys all year makes for alot of left-overs when they get so darn big and still we load everyone up to make room in the fridge.
DMc

3waycross":24h4lnzm said:
cfpinz":24h4lnzm said:

Why don't you just go ahead and get it started. Let's see how high you can set the bar. :shock:

Where to start?

How does a custody battle over a shihtzu strike you?

3waycross":1ea30a5o said:
Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need some REAL dirt :mrgreen:

The real stuff is too hot for tv...

I could go on for hours...

Latest posts