Sea Mineral

Help Support CattleToday:

LimoX

Reaction score
Has anyone had any negative or positive experience using this stuff as a fertilizer? Talked to a gentleman and he has been using it and was having a really good experience with it. With the cost of fertilizer and the relatively low cost per acre of this stuff I was just wondering if it was really what he said it was.

I know some guys that used it last spring. They were impressed with it, but then the whole state burnt up. From what I've read it sounds like it is a absorbed by the plant and not the soil,but I haven't used it yet to know for sure.

i tryed it this spring some pastures got a lot thicker growth some seemed the same
then the drought came & it was all over
so i dont have a fair experence to share
but my wife put it on tomattos plants & they are over 7' tall . she allso watered every other day
my jalopeno pepper plants did extremly well.i got 6 plants picked them clean sunday & canned 25 quarts of peppers pluss sent 1 1/2 gals of them home with son as i got tired of canning.

Just seems like to me that it would be a grreat alternative to natural gas based fertilizer. They guy I was discussing it with said it cost him $8 an acre! So just thought I would see if it was worth it or not by asking the great minds of the cattle today board!

That 20 percent the cost of commercial fertilizer caught my eye. Looks like its applied straight to the foliage. Years like this I feel like a waisted all the money I spent on fertilizer any way.

Foliar feeding usually costs more per pound of fertilizer but can be much more efficient.
Basically you test the forage and spray limiting minerals directly onto the plant.
Can work well on improved pasture but not so practical for tall or canopied row crop.

Bigfoot":1s207yy0 said:
That 20 percent the cost of commercial fertilizer caught my eye. Looks like its applied straight to the foliage. Years like this I feel like a waisted all the money I spent on fertilizer any way.
Did you happen to look at the link? It says it's a soil amendment, doesn;t says anything about foliage.

dun":2vmixszs said:
Bigfoot":2vmixszs said:
Did you happen to look at the link? It says it's a soil amendment, doesn;t says anything about foliage.
The part about not applying if there's a chance of rain, led me to believe it is absorbed by the plant.

If you read the test results and the product content you will find that the N content is very low. The test results was on alfalfa, a legume, that produces it's own Nitrogen. Sense protein is directly related to nitrogen I doubt it would boost the protein value a lot on normal grass. Grasshopper would be a better alternative for foliar spray.

Anyone else with experience or opinions on this stuff? Interesting alternative, for sure.

Keep it coming, I'd like to learn more about it.

Fertilizer is fertilizer wither it be organic, foliar, or dry soil application. You wouldn't take medicine for yourself without first going to a doctor. Why would you just through money onto your pasture without first doing a soil test, and also determine what the particular forage requires. Maybe you need all theses trace elements, or maybe you don't. Just because it works in one persons pasture does not mean it will work in another.

novatech":11qwuhkb said:
Fertilizer is fertilizer wither it be organic, foliar, or dry soil application. You wouldn't take medicine for yourself without first going to a doctor. Why would you just through money onto your pasture without first doing a soil test, and also determine what the particular forage requires. Maybe you need all theses trace elements, or maybe you don't. Just because it works in one persons pasture does not mean it will work in another.

Well said!!! :nod: :nod:

Sea Mineral organic fertilizer? didn't heard them before. i know somebody use seaweed as fertilizer. :nod:

Latest posts