Scratch and smell

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
If you could capture any scent and put it in a scratch and smell T-shirt, what would it be?

For me, the top 5 are:

1. that baby smell when they are just new, kindof sweet and milky and something all their own as well
2. the shearing shed full of mohair (not wool)
3. smell of the air conditioner when you turn it on for the first time in summer
4. smell of rain
5. glen 20 sanitising spray

Keren":2i5wc1n8 said:
If you could capture any scent and put it in a scratch and smell T-shirt, what would it be?

For me, the top 5 are:

1. that baby smell when they are just new, kindof sweet and milky and something all their own as well

Oh yeah to your number one Keren!

2. Horse
3. Another kid one, the way they smell after a whole day at the beach
4. Pine trees
5. Fresh cut lawn

(1) A truckload of cold cantaloupes.
(2) A truckload of cold nectarines.
(3) A grove of Florida orange blossoms.
(4) A magnolia tree full of blossoms.
(5) Honeysuckle.
(6) A cold(not frozen) truckload of cream and milk and sugar used to make ice cream.

mountain air in the mornings (with that pine tree scent).
new leather gloves.
fresh baked apple pie.
barbeque or charcoaled hamburgers on outdoor grill.
freshly baled hay (and put up where it goes)
Gotta agree with Keren on the smell of rain.

puppies (they smell like bologna to me)

Elk in the timber

plowed soil

Crown Royal

Any Gym , Anywhere

Absorbine Jr, in the tackroom

Ryder":1t67tu7i said:
Jergens lotionBoxing gloves
Saddles
There is one kind of perfume I like, but don't know the name of it.
That's about all.
staying in a cheap motel with a lousey a/c and the overwelming smell of jergens lotion. make me nearly puke every time i smell it now :p but im with you on the saddle,

Fresh hay, silage (yeah, I know, weird), pie baking (or anything else delicious), boyfriend....the list could go on and on, basically anything that evokes memories of good times :D :D

Jogeephus":4ujn3dmx said:
Puppy Breath
Grape Hycynth
Tack Room Leather
Fresh Cut Pine

I think that if puppy breath could be bottled that there would be no more clinical depression. I pick up puppies and smell their breath!

Fresh mowed grass
Grandma's sugar cookies
Fresh coffee brewing
the way all old churches smell
libraries
Freshly tilled soil

a freshly bathed baby

lilacs when they first start to bloom

a well-kept horse barn or stable...something about the combined scents of horse, hay, leather, and shavings is wonderful to me

bread baking

bourbon

alacattleman":23ubnu0u said:
the smell of a womans hair..............clean a'course ;-) no strong perfumes preferbly none

If you ever watch movies, "Scent of a Woman" with Dustin Hoffman is great. Several years old, so you'll probably not find it quickly. Hoffman's character is blind, and he has some great observations about smell. It's kind of a chick flick, but there is a great scene where the blind man test drives a Ferrari. In NYC.

LoveMoo11":1ldys753 said:
Fresh hay, silage (yeah, I know, weird), pie baking (or anything else delicious), boyfriend....the list could go on and on, basically anything that evokes memories of good times :D :D

I'm with ya on the silage. When I was a kid I had to eat in the porch half the time cuz I used to go lay in the silage.

Latest posts