Scopes

Help Support CattleToday:

All my Leupold products have been good and I have had luck with the upper end bushnells also. Dad has a Nikon on his muzzleloader and by next year I will, it's great IMO.

Hate the BDC reticle in the Nikon except for AR applications.

Own mostly Leupold and a lot of Burris.

I have a great older World Class that I need to get repaired. Anyone know who repairs them.

I am no long range shooter I bought a Vortex for the price it was clearer than some that cost twice as much.
Put it on a 7-08 when I can shoot 3 shot groups you could cover with a half dollar at 100 yards that is a pretty good scope.
That rifle scope combo would be scary with a real rifle shooter.

I've got a couple of Nikons, maybe 1 or 2 Leupolds, the majority are Burris

I have 3 leupolds and I'm completely satisfied with them but I know a lot of guys using the Nikon pro staff and they are good scopes. I do have a pair of Nikon pro staff binoculars that I like.

The best scope I've every owned was a kahles. It was on the second rifle I ever owned a bar 270 and I hunted with it for 25 years. I only had to adjust it once and I honestly believe that some buddies moved it on me that time because I missed a deer with it on at a hunting camp. It was shooting 8 inches high at 100 yards I adjusted it and was never off again. After that many years of hard hunting it began losing brightness so I replaced it with a leupold.

Leupolds mostly, have some Bushnells and Nikons. My best is a NightForce and the worst is a Redfield. Nikons service Dept. stinks and Leupolds is the best of any company that I have ever dealt with.

For the money I have a couple of Simmons Aetec scopes that I like. The couple Leupold's I have are great though. I'm looking at a Burris Fullfield II to put on a 270. In the reviews I've read it did well and for the money looked like a decent buy.

Burris has a new scope out called a Fullfield E1 with windage and elevation hash marks in it that i really like. I put one in a 4.5 to 14, on my .222 BDL. Now there's a sweet combination.

3waycross":3fxtlvyl said:
Burris has a new scope out called a Fullfield E1 with windage and elevation hash marks in it that i really like. I put one in a 4.5 to 14, on my .222 BDL. Now there's a sweet combination.

4.5X14 is what I'm looking for or close to that. I'll check it out before I buy.

Leaupold is my favorite. BSA my least favorite. My cousin had one on a handi-rifle in .45-70 that he wanted me to work up him a load with a 300 gr Hornandy hollow point. The Hand-rifle can handle the same loads as a Marlin, so it is pretty stout with hand loads. I already had some loaded at very near max pressure for my Marlin, so I tried them first. In the light Hand-Rifle with no recoil pad this was the most brutal recoil that I have ever experienced. The recticle broke after 3 shots. He took the scope back and got a new one, and it lasted 5 shots before the recticle broke on it. He gave up and put a Nikon on it and it lasted for years. Rifle ended up shooting good after he got a decent scope on it.

J&D Cattle":3s4ug6pr said:
3waycross":3s4ug6pr said:

4.5X14 is what I'm looking for or close to that. I'll check it out before I buy.

My favorite scope is a 4.5x14 Leupold VXIII with 50mm obj and 30mm tube. Its a great scope... especially in low light conditions.

Brute 23":2cxae6o0 said:
J&D Cattle":2cxae6o0 said:
3waycross":2cxae6o0 said:

My favorite scope is a 4.5x14 Leupold VXIII with 50mm obj and 30mm tube. Its a great scope... especially in low light conditions.

That sounds like a dandy but I'm poor folk. Wife would kill me to say the least!!!

All of my scopes are Leupold. They stand behind their products. If it breaks they fix or replace it. And they are an American company that makes their products about 100 miles from my house.

Dave":smjyzffy said:
All of my scopes are Leupold. They stand behind their products. If it breaks they fix or replace it. And they are an American company that makes their products about 100 miles from my house.
You got that right! Leupold service is as good as you can get.

Latest posts