scope eye

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater

Reaction score
My sister and her family came up for the week to stay with my parents for New Years(he keeps telling us how great business is going... How good can it be if they both have an entire week to spare??) I put off taking them to the ranch as long as I could as I'm pretty busy right now but finally my nephew asked me to take him and I can't say no to kids...even if they do act just like their parents...
My BIL is a braying jackass that can't even get along with his own kids much less the rest of the family. He's an authority on everything...including guns. :nod: After an hour of plinking with .22's and air rifles and each kid getting to shoot a .410, I pulled out my 30.06 just to give the kids something new to see. I popped of a shot at a stump about a hundred yards away not caring if I hit it or not and he started in about how I should always aim carefully so that when it really mattered I'd know how to take the shot. I held my tounge and instead asked him if he'd like to try it... "Let me show you how it's done" was the general additude.
The first round put a scope ring around his eye like you wouldn't believe. My sister flipped and started lecturing me about how I had to be more carefull letting people fire my guns. :lol: Here I thought he was an expert. By the time we got home he had a pretty good bruise going on both his ego and his eye. :D

The last time I let him shoot anything he tore a chunk out of his hand with the slide on my glock. :nod:

Don't know... He was pretty scant with his descriptions about which knothole he was aiming for. He made a total ass of himself with the Glock so I doubt he's any better with a rifle.
I will say that I've taken him bird hunting a few times he is REALLY good with a shotgun. He can snap up and hit a quail as fast as anyone I've ever seen and he's somewhat less than arrogant about it... almost likeable but not quite. :roll:

When I was about 17 I had a savage 7 mag . I was at the deer lease at the gun range shooting . There was a loud mouth on the lease that thought he was tough . Big fella about 250 lbs . When I would site the gun in I used a tOwel folded and Placed against my shoulder to help . It kicked like a mule . Well he saw me and after being called a few choice names I offered him the gun to shoot . He shot it and had a bloody ring around his eye . There was about 20 people there to witness it . After that he wasn't as loud at camp .

There are those who know, then there are those you think they know but don't know, then there are those that know they don't know. Once of life's rare little blessings is when personally get to witness the the transformation from the all knowing to open minded humbleness.