Schools.. are war zone? OR.. are school shootings DECLINING?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddd75

Reaction score
https://news.northeastern.edu/2018/02/2 ... cher-says/

I'll just post these tidbits..

Four times the number of children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today

There are around 55 million school children in the United States, and on average over the past 25 years, about 10 students per year were killed by gunfire at school

increased security measures of these kinds can do more harm than good.

Mass school shootings are incredibly rare events. In research publishing later this year, Fox and doctoral student Emma Fridel found that on average, mass murders occur between 20 and 30 times per year, and about one of those incidents on average takes place at a school.

but..but.. what about taking our gun away agenda?? These racist facts don't fit in very well.. sweep this under the rug.. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?? when are we gonna TAKE THE GUNS?? HOW can I give ALL my money to be SAFE AND SECURE?

A lot of the problem is responsible gun owners are not responsible enough to keep their guns locked up. I get to thinking about all the kids and thieves that commit crimes using guns that should be locked in a safe and I see the need for gun control. The gun owners definitely deserve to shoulder some of the blame. IMO

True Grit Farms":2vl9gkyo said:
A lot of the problem is responsible gun owners are not responsible enough to keep their guns locked up. I get to thinking about all the kids and thieves that commit crimes using guns that should be locked in a safe and I see the need for gun control. The gun owners definitely deserve to shoulder some of the blame. IMO

what blame?

Americans have more guns now then ever in history.. Yet, crime is at the lowest point in history.

ddd75":1xrn9335 said:
True Grit Farms":1xrn9335 said:

what blame?

Americans have more guns now then ever in history.. Yet, crime is at the lowest point in history.

I'm not debating gun crimes you can make numbers look however you want. I'll be more than happy to debate that a responsible gun ower is not responsible if thier guns get used in a crime. I've had a few guns stolen through the years and I definitely could of prevented them from hitting the streets. If you think your responsible enough to own and carry a gun you need to be responsible for that gun.

True Grit Farms":kyrdg5hi said:

They will just find another vehicle to use. Hatchet, machete, knives, acid, sword, chemicals..long long list

greybeard":2rlkap8d said:
True Grit Farms":2rlkap8d said:

They will just find another vehicle to use. Hatchet, machete, knives, acid, sword, chemicals..long long list

I can agree with all that Greybeard. But I'm libel if someone kills somebody while using my vehicle. And we get sued every year because someone has an accident on our rental property.

Oh, I fully agree we need to be responsible for our firearms, especially if we have young people in the household...permanently or as guests.
None of us should be Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner types and lose control of our weapons.

ddd75":hb35cjpw said:
https://news.northeastern.edu/2018/02/26/schools-are-still-one-of-the-safest-places-for-children-researcher-says/

I'll just post these tidbits..

Four times the number of children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today

There are around 55 million school children in the United States, and on average over the past 25 years, about 10 students per year were killed by gunfire at school

What about the 3000 per day that are murdered at the abortion clinics across the country. Why are you not concerned with these murders.
increased security measures of these kinds can do more harm than good.

Mass school shootings are incredibly rare events. In research publishing later this year, Fox and doctoral student Emma Fridel found that on average, mass murders occur between 20 and 30 times per year, and about one of those incidents on average takes place at a school.

but..but.. what about taking our gun away agenda?? These racist facts don't fit in very well.. sweep this under the rug.. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?? when are we gonna TAKE THE GUNS?? HOW can I give ALL my money to be SAFE AND SECURE?

greybeard":2jno15g5 said:
Oh, I fully agree we need to be responsible for our firearms, especially if we have young people in the household...permanently or as guests.
None of us should be Fast & Furious/Project Gunrunner types and lose control of our weapons.

Gun in a safe is of no use if I need one.
If you steal the gun out of the house or the safe it's all illegal.
Just take five minutes longer to roll the cutting rig from the shop to the house to cut in the safe.

This one is loaded for bear

Caustic Burno":1h5dn10t said:
greybeard":1h5dn10t said:

Just take five minutes longer to roll the cutting rig from the shop to the house to cut in the safe.

True, but I'd rather take a bullet than have a innocent kid get hurt or killed because of my negligence. With grandkids running around I'd never try to hide a loaded gun in the house. Once that bullet leaves the barrel there's no bringing it back.

True Grit Farms":1bewhuw8 said:
Caustic Burno":1bewhuw8 said:
greybeard":1bewhuw8 said:

True, but I'd rather take a bullet than have a innocent kid get hurt or killed because of my negligence. With grandkids running around I'd never try to hide a loaded gun in the house. Once that bullet leaves the barrel there's no bringing it back.

Who logged in on your account Vince?

TennesseeTuxedo":ny0gi5e8 said:
True Grit Farms":ny0gi5e8 said:
Caustic Burno":ny0gi5e8 said:

Larry, I take gun safety and training dead serious. You can't prevent someone from taking a cutting torch to your safe, but you can prevent a kid from finding a gun by putting it in a safe. I'm all for gun rights and CC, but we need to be smart and responsible about it.

TennesseeTuxedo":t2zvj67k said:
True Grit Farms":t2zvj67k said:
Caustic Burno":t2zvj67k said:

I don't think anyone logged into his account. I think it is much more profound. He has been born again. We should rejoice in the transformation.

Can't believe that someone would start a jack ass. Thread like this, but Columbine shooting was won of the worst things that started this crap, guess were on the decline, what a joke.

Conversation the State Representative and I have been having and he is in agreement. Being a former HS teacher makes him an asset in this issue IMO.
Governor Abbott on gun storage laws what idiotic crap. What 17 year old doesn't know more about how to get into mom and dads stuff than they do.
I am not locking all my guns up. What is the difference in stealing them from the house or a safe. Novel idea let's make theft illegal. A rifle or shotgun unloaded is a stick a pistol a rock, kinda defeats the purpose. I have a safe full of heirloom passed down, it would only take someone five minutes longer to get in it . You can steal anything that is not addressing the problem. As we talked some common sense solutions to hardening our current and future school buildings is the route to take. It is going to cost money to harden our schools like our court houses or airports. This is where the gun storage appeasement crap comes in . We did something that didn't accomplish anything or cost anything, great campaign issue. Gun storage laws are a feather up the liberals butt to make them feel tickled.
How many millions of vehicles,homes or stores in the state have a firearm in them?
Much easier to control a few public buildings than millions of of other sites, this is a typical government knee jerk reaction that accomplishes nothing.

no.. it accomplishes something extremely important.

Your kids are now scared. Or they will be scared. Now when they are older, they will want the guns to be gone.. They will want our rights taken, they will want us to be safe and secure.

With new facial recognition tech from amazon and google, and striping our rights away, we're going to have a VERY different world VERY soon. All while we applaud our own slavery.

Caustic Burno":23tzw6g6 said:
Conversation the State Representative and I have been having and he is in agreement. Being a former HS teacher makes him an asset in this issue IMO.
Governor Abbott on gun storage laws what idiotic crap. What 17 year old doesn't know more about how to get into mom and dads stuff than they do.
I am not locking all my guns up. What is the difference in stealing them from the house or a safe. Novel idea let's make theft illegal. A rifle or shotgun unloaded is a stick a pistol a rock, kinda defeats the purpose. I have a safe full of heirloom passed down, it would only take someone five minutes longer to get in it . You can steal anything that is not addressing the problem. As we talked some common sense solutions to hardening our current and future school buildings is the route to take. It is going to cost money to harden our schools like our court houses or airports. This is where the gun storage appeasement crap comes in . We did something that didn't accomplish anything or cost anything, great campaign issue. Gun storage laws are a feather up the liberals butt to make them feel tickled.
How many millions of vehicles,homes or stores in the state have a firearm in them?
Much easier to control a few public buildings than millions of of other sites, this is a typical government knee jerk reaction that accomplishes nothing.

CB you need to buy a real gun safe or brick the one's you have in. Because you can't hardly get through the door of a real gun safe. So properly storing guns and making them not readily available to kids and thieves is a bad thing and won't help? There will always be soft targets, I just don't want to be one. Just a little tidbit, at one time more cops were killed with their own guns.

True Grit Farms":2yl76avd said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2yl76avd said:
True Grit Farms":2yl76avd said:

Larry, I take gun safety and training dead serious. You can't prevent someone from taking a cutting torch to your safe, but you can prevent a kid from finding a gun by putting it in a safe. I'm all for gun rights and CC, but we need to be smart and responsible about it.

Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly.

I've never had one of my guns stolen by the way.

ddd75":ak15m0qb said:
no.. it accomplishes something extremely important.

Your kids are now scared. Or they will be scared. Now when they are older, they will want the guns to be gone.. They will want our rights taken, they will want us to be safe and secure.

With new facial recognition tech from amazon and google, and striping our rights away, we're going to have a VERY different world VERY soon. All while we applaud our own slavery.

They will be so scared that they will buy an arsenal of guns to protect their home and self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts