Schools.. are war zone? OR.. are school shootings DECLINING?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Grit Farms":sxw2jnr8 said:
ddd75":sxw2jnr8 said:
True Grit Farms":sxw2jnr8 said:
A lot of the problem is responsible gun owners are not responsible enough to keep their guns locked up. I get to thinking about all the kids and thieves that commit crimes using guns that should be locked in a safe and I see the need for gun control. The gun owners definitely deserve to shoulder some of the blame. IMO

what blame?

Americans have more guns now then ever in history.. Yet, crime is at the lowest point in history.

I'm not debating gun crimes you can make numbers look however you want. I'll be more than happy to debate that a responsible gun ower is not responsible if thier guns get used in a crime. I've had a few guns stolen through the years and I definitely could of prevented them from hitting the streets. If you think your responsible enough to own and carry a gun you need to be responsible for that gun.

If some one grabs a hammer off the back of your truck and kills another person with it... are you an irresponsible tool owner and share the blame?

I don't disagree that guns need to be stored properly and responsibly for many reasons but the reality is that won't stop these people from doing what they are doing. These people are broken and the guns are just one way of expressing that. If you take them away it will show in some other form be it knives, cars, bombs, etc.

If you take them away it will show in some other form be it knives, cars, bombs, etc.

Shhh...quiet You! Let us not allow logic to enter into this blame shifting thread.

True Grit Farms":2k20ecgc said:
Caustic Burno":2k20ecgc said:
Conversation the State Representative and I have been having and he is in agreement. Being a former HS teacher makes him an asset in this issue IMO.
Governor Abbott on gun storage laws what idiotic crap. What 17 year old doesn't know more about how to get into mom and dads stuff than they do.
I am not locking all my guns up. What is the difference in stealing them from the house or a safe. Novel idea let's make theft illegal. A rifle or shotgun unloaded is a stick a pistol a rock, kinda defeats the purpose. I have a safe full of heirloom passed down, it would only take someone five minutes longer to get in it . You can steal anything that is not addressing the problem. As we talked some common sense solutions to hardening our current and future school buildings is the route to take. It is going to cost money to harden our schools like our court houses or airports. This is where the gun storage appeasement crap comes in . We did something that didn't accomplish anything or cost anything, great campaign issue. Gun storage laws are a feather up the liberals butt to make them feel tickled.
How many millions of vehicles,homes or stores in the state have a firearm in them?
Much easier to control a few public buildings than millions of of other sites, this is a typical government knee jerk reaction that accomplishes nothing.

CB you need to buy a real gun safe or brick the one's you have in. Because you can't hardly get through the door of a real gun safe. So properly storing guns and making them not readily available to kids and thieves is a bad thing and won't help? There will always be soft targets, I just don't want to be one. Just a little tidbit, at one time more cops were killed with their own guns.

What a joke you are turning very blue.
Why should I be responsible for you stealing my gun. Where does this stop.

There not getting locked up and I am more than willing to die to use extreme prejudice if you decide to try and take one.

I think my solution to having a loaded gun that is not locked up with kids around is simple yet effective. The loaded gun is a Browning A5. The magazine is full but there isn't one in the barrel. The gun is to bulky and heavy for a little kid. Also a little kid isn't going to jack one into the chamber. On the other hand I can do it in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts