School Grade Inflation

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":10bcxgnf said:
i always wore my caps to school,an i wore them in the halls.but never wore them during class.an if some1 wouldve said something about wearing them in the hall it wouldve quickly got them flogged.we had our own code.during lunch we chew our tobbacco an dipp our snuff,an nothing would be said.
I know where you're coming from. We used to have a .22 and a 12 guage in the back window of our unlocked pickup on the school parking lot every day. If we got into it, principal and teachers would just say, " Go tell coach you need the gloves and get it over with." And we did. Now kids aren't even allowed to box in PE. Most, not all, kids today are totally different than we were. I would say they weren't raised like we were but that would imply that someone had actually tried to raise them. Nobody takes any responsibility and everything is somebody else's fault. We need to get back to the 3 R's - raisin', responsibility, and respect.

HEREFORD ROADHOG":33c242g5 said:
Fit, you didn't say if the principle was male or female ,but if it's a male, he really needs to grow a pair. :hide: If it's a female ,she needs to find another line of work. There is NO excuse for all of that to be happening. What is your graduation rate ?
Principal is male. Elementary principal is female and I guarandangtee you she has a pair! Maybe they're his. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got a new male Supt. last year. Principal was runner-up for the position. I don't think he will be back next year. For what it's worth, both were PE teacher/coach/athletic director before moving into administration. I've worked for several 'ball bouncers' in my 18 years, but never had one I'd nominate for Administrator of the Year.

Graduation rate last year was 87.7%. State avg. was 85.7%. Our avg. over the last 5 years is 86.7%, while state avg. for that time period is 85.8%. Our only year below state avg. was '08, we were 7% under. In '09 we were 7.5% over (In a district our size, that's 2 kids.).

bigbull338":1wio1yqp said:
i always wore my caps to school,an i wore them in the halls.but never wore them during class.an if some1 wouldve said something about wearing them in the hall it wouldve quickly got them flogged.we had our own code.during lunch we chew our tobbacco an dipp our snuff,an nothing would be said.

Your saying that if one of the teachers had said something about your cap ... you would have jumped on them?

yu got if it was in the hall,id jump them quick.the classroom is their stomping grounds.an theres nothing wrong with caps in the hall.ill unload on people quick if i feel or know im in the right.speaking of how teachers are,i had this 1 teacher that kept getting on my back.an all the teachers kept warming that teacher to back off.because they knew i didnt rock no boats or cause probs.an they knew when i had enough id make a ph call an put a stop to it.well it took 3wks an 6 ph calls an my dad going in blazing madd an it slowed down.an it stopped when i started going in to school when i had to.then the teacher lost their job at the end of the year because of it.

bigbull338":38a4s9h7 said:
yu got if it was in the hall,id jump them quick.the classroom is their stomping grounds.an theres nothing wrong with caps in the hall.ill unload on people quick if i feel or know im in the right.speaking of how teachers are,i had this 1 teacher that kept getting on my back.an all the teachers kept warming that teacher to back off.because they knew i didnt rock no boats or cause probs.an they knew when i had enough id make a ph call an put a stop to it.well it took 3wks an 6 ph calls an my dad going in blazing madd an it slowed down.an it stopped when i started going in to school when i had to.then the teacher lost their job at the end of the year because of it.

BB,your thoughts and actions are exactly whats wrong with the school systems today. The hall is part of the school also, the teachers are in charge... not the students!

not around here,as long as they dont do anything wrong the teachers dont bother them.but you do have some that think they can an get by with it.like that 1 tryed todo me.everytime that teacher got called into a meeting,my teacher friends would sitt in on it.so they could tell what was really going on.even my friends knew if my dad was already madd what would happen.

BB did your code look like this?
.--. .- -. - -..-
-.-. --- -.. .

:lol: :lol:

fit2btied":2kxcpvek said:
curtis":2kxcpvek said:
BB did your code look like this?
.--. .- -. - -..-
-.-. --- -.. .

:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Is the last letter on the top line supposed to be -.-- ? Still funny! :lol: :lol:

yep :lol: :lol:

glad yall are having fun.but i was well respected in school.when other teachers tell me that teacher got what they deserved,that tells me i was right.an it wasnt a stranger,we knew their family as their dad managed a tractor dealership.as for school i didnt need it tobe a dairymen or cattlemen.

bigbull338":1gk9oxdh said:
as for school i didnt need it to be a dairymen or cattlemen.

I've never met anyone how had the problem of being too smart though. Doesn't matter what you do, it never hurts to be intelligent in a variety of things.

bigbull338":2ifueqc0 said:
glad yall are having fun.but i was well respected in school.when other teachers tell me that teacher got what they deserved,that tells me i was right.an it wasnt a stranger,we knew their family as their dad managed a tractor dealership.as for school i didnt need it tobe a dairymen or cattlemen.
BB everyone needs a good education, othewise you're at the mercy of those that do have one. Even in the dairy business you had to make a thousand decisions a day, project expenses and income, on and on and on. Don't want to sound rash but maybe that's why you're no longer in the dairy business :idea:

it wasnt the business descions that put me out of the dairy busness it was allowing certain peple in the business.had no probs getting the money to stay in or buy cows.just sick of a few other things.i can out figure a banker or any other busness person w/o breaking a sweat.an ive done that since i was 7.but the tide has turned,an said probs are walking off an leaving their cows.

bigbull338":3sntnvt6 said:
it wasnt the business descions that put me out of the dairy busness it was allowing certain peple in the business.had no probs getting the money to stay in or buy cows.just sick of a few other things.i can out figure a banker or any other busness person w/o breaking a sweat.an ive done that since i was 7.but the tide has turned,an said probs are walking off an leaving their cows.
I always figured that every few years it was good for things to get a little tight in the business. Weed out the weak ones and the wannabe's and make things better for you, the real dairyman. When things are easy, anybody can dairy. When it gets tough the real dairymen survive. As for outfiguring a banker. Ain't gonna happen and still walk out with the money. :lol2:

TexasBred":1acgrck9 said:
I always figured that every few years it was good for things to get a little tight in the business. Weed out the weak ones and the wannabe's and make things better for you, the real dairyman. When things are easy, anybody can dairy. When it gets tough the real dairymen survive. As for outfiguring a banker. Ain't gonna happen and still walk out with the money. :lol2:
Thats ok TB every community needs a Village Idiot and I think we have successfully found Ours ;-)
Ol TMBP used to be it now we have a new replacement

hahaha very funny think what you want AC.i can take yalls heat an i can deal it back as you well know.an dont ever q what i can an cant do,because youll be wrong.the last time i did anything i just called an said im doing so an so cover it an they said ok.very few can do that.come on is that the best yall have,ill tell you why i dont type worth a darm because its time consuming.an i really dont care.if yall wanted to match knowlage for knowlage it would be fun.but we have a few that like to get childish.

I can't side with or against Big Bull, as I wasn't there. But his story may have merit.
I had a buddy in school who was a tall skinny fellow with real long legs. In HS he would sit sort of sideway because the desk was too small and his legs wouldn't fit under it.and his feet and legs would stick out in the aisle.

New teacher/ basketbaall coach got on him about feet in the aisle. Came down on him pretty hard and finally my buddy looked at him and said, "I'll whip you". He meant what he said ! That put a stop to that.
Teacher may have been down on hm because he was tall but didn't play basketball. Hard for him to understand that some couldn't hang around after school to practice to play on their teams. We had to catch the school bus, get home and go to work.

Had my problems with that same teacher. But that's another story.

mr ryder makes a good point.most here jump on people an they dont know squat about said person.if yall will think back,i dont jump on no 1i here for their opions or qs but there are those here who do.ive done the cattle an farming thing all my life an never had to put up with a boss on a job.wich means ive learned more than can be tought in collage.an prolly forgot a heck of alot to boot.

bigbull338":3m1y91vm said:
mr ryder makes a good point.most here jump on people an they dont know squat about said person.if yall will think back,i dont jump on no 1i here for their opions or qs but there are those here who do.ive done the cattle an farming thing all my life an never had to put up with a boss on a job.wich means ive learned more than can be tought in collage.an prolly forgot a heck of alot to boot.
Bull ain't nobody mad except you maybe. Just seems all you wanna do is toot your own horn about what an independent bad a$$ you were in school. We could all use a more education...formal or informal.

Latest posts