School covid lockdown damage

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Statistics on student mental health during covid lockdowns are starting
to be reported.

18 student suicides in 9 months in Clark County Nevada. 2 per month
Last year 9 in 12 months 0.75 per month.

Collateral damage by covid-19 from school closings-lockdowns.
I haven't seen any national stats on student suicides but the numbers must be devastating.

Statistics on student mental health during covid lockdowns are starting
to be reported.

18 student suicides in 9 months in Clark County Nevada. 2 per month
Last year 9 in 12 months 0.75 per month.

Collateral damage by covid-19 from school closings-lockdowns.
I haven't seen any national stats on student suicides but the numbers must be devastating.
Preached a funeral about 3 weeks ago for a young man that committed suicide.

What about the mental health of the parents that work full time jobs then gets to come home and try to teach there kids. My oldest is just in first grade but has around 3-4 hours worth of work everyday. He can do a lot of it his self but still needs help.

What about the mental health of the parents that work full time jobs then gets to come home and try to teach there kids. My oldest is just in first grade but has around 3-4 hours worth of work everyday. He can do a lot of it his self but still needs help.
Daughter is about 6 months pregnant and has a 10 and 12 year old. She adjusted her work schedule to start earlier so she could get home in time to help the two girls with their school work before dinner. Eats dinner and it is time to go to bed because she has to get up early to go to work. Pretty much burning the candle from both ends.

What about the mental health of the parents......

that work full time jobs then gets to come home and try to teach there kids. My oldest is just in first grade but has around 3-4 hours worth of work everyday. He can do a lot of it his self but still needs help.
You are so right.
There was also a report of an unnamed juvenile who was saved from suicide by a teacher intervening 2 months after the father committed suicide when his business failed during the pandemic.

Our Jr high here, where my daughter attends, picks people to be "quarantined" to lower the attendance so they can distance students to continue to stay open. We got a phone call two weeks back from the school telling us it was her turn to take a week off... today was the first morning back. It was nice to know she was going to be sick in advance, we had a week to prepare.

That's amazing, big shutdown in school here. And people are surviving???
Yep, we get calls about once a week or so reporting new cases in their respective schools. Seems like the number of calls has stayed consistent through the school year. For a while the protocol was to quarantine anyone with direct contact with a positive case for two weeks, but the governor has since changed that rule. I think the 7th grade class was told to stay home one Monday when there was a question on how many positive cases were coming in Sunday afternoon, but they were back in class on Tuesday. Pretty much all of the cases within the school have been so minor that many don't even know they have it other than a loss of taste. Some are sick for a day, but I've not heard of anyone "really" sick in the schools. They do have to wear masks which they don't like, but they REALLY didn't like the home schooling last school year.

Our school had to force them back. A lot of the kids who were barely showing up, passing, etc were all "online" and doing nothing. Several got arrested running around. Now you have to have a dr note with legit reason to stay home and do online classes.

Our school has an A,B schedule. A schedule comes Monday and Wednesday, B comes Tuesday, Thursday Friday is optional or virtual. They have the option to attend every day if the parents choose. The A,B schedule is 5-12 grade, elementary come every day and don't have to wear masks at all, 5-12 grade have to wear mask when they're not social distanced. We have very few kids who are virtual every day. They're given assignments to work on the days they're not at school.

I should also add they went back to in school classes because of teachers not doing their jobs also... not just students.

What is real screwed up is I remember teachers talking about having group texts between teachers trying to figure out how to get kids to log off the online meetings so they could get back to drinking and scewing off last year when it was all online. How many of those kids probably missed school or didnt have any one else to talk to or were in bad situations at home and wanted to be back in school while all the teachers could think about is going back to doing their personal stuff while on the clock.

More of that me mentality and not looking at the big picture.

Latest posts