Scheduled heart device implant for Thursday morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Well, it is decided..Completed my pre-op and registration today, & they will do The Watchman implant Thursday morning. Should take about 5 hrs from arrival to 'wake-up' if everything goes according to plan. Did tell me to pack an overnite bag in case I go into afib when I come out of anesthesia and they have to keep me to get me out of afib.

article-1245520-07FB3F0A000005DC-262_468x399.jpg

https://www.watchman.com/UK/hcp/home.html

Keep us informed .
I will say a prayer for you.
You having the procedure downtown?
Good friend called yesterday recovering from a stroke in March.
I am headed to the neurosurgeon today hate that Houston traffic.

greybeard":3tdxp8rb said:
Well, it is decided..Completed my pre-op and registration today, & they will do The Watchman implant Thursday morning. Should take about 5 hrs from arrival to 'wake-up' if everything goes according to plan. Did tell me to pack an overnite bag in case I go into afib when I come out of anesthesia and they have to keep me to get me out of afib.

article-1245520-07FB3F0A000005DC-262_468x399.jpg

https://www.watchman.com/UK/hcp/home.html

I wish you the best and a fib is not fun at all. Let me know when you are well.

farmerjan":2zdkmcgl said:
Positive thoughts for this procedure. I know you were debating it and then dealing with your brothers passing and service etc.
Well, I never really wanted to do this, and still don't, and in no way do I have any fear of death but the over riding issue was the increased risk of my poor wife having to care for me for years & years if I have a debilitating (not fatal) stroke. She has enough on her plate looking after a healthy greybeard, much less dealing with one that might be so bad off he can't wipe his own butt....

greybeard":1jefuvxu said:
farmerjan":1jefuvxu said:
Positive thoughts for this procedure. I know you were debating it and then dealing with your brothers passing and service etc.
Well, I never really wanted to do this, and still don't, and in no way do I have any fear of death but the over riding issue was the increased risk of my poor wife having to care for me for years & years if I have a debilitating (not fatal) stroke. She has enough on her plate looking after a healthy greybeard, much less dealing with one that might be so bad off he can't wipe his own butt....

We're expecting great results, and looking forward to hearing about how the procedure worked out.

Latest posts