Scary

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl580

Reaction score
This is another one of my posts that have nothing to do with cattle, however i think this is something to think about.

how many of you have kids between the ages of say 3-6 or so? do they know how to dial 9-1-1 and when?

i had a 4 yr old girl dial 9-1-1 this morning and it saved her mom's life. her mother had fallen down in the shower and her hair had clogged the drain. the water was rising and she would have drowned in another min or two if the little girl hadn't called and the officers hadn't arrived on time. she had 2 youngers sisters in the house with her and her dad works on the oil rigs and was about an hour or so from town.

i know i'll be goin home and teachin my 4 yr old about 9-1-1 and when to use it.

i don't know too many in that age group would know what to do. know a # of kids that call 9-1-1 on accident because they just puch #'s on phone. mine included :oops: . this little girl will be recognized the the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel.

i actually tried to get her into the bathroom to see if the water was still running, but she decided to tell me that she's wearing flip flops and that she has two sisters and there names are....... she was very calm throughout the whole phone call and talked to the officers very calmly. very hard to find in a situation like that. but i'm not sure if she understand fully what was really happening.

anyway, i just thought that it would be a good thing to keep in mind. i don't know about in ya'lls towns, but here the officers and deputies go to the kindergarten classes and teach them about 9-1-1. probably common everywhere though.

I guess someone is teaching their children this. We were at Mazzios the other day and four year old little girl had called 9 1 1. And you can guess what happened then. Here come all the policeman!

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah. my daughter did that at my aunt's house and no one knew. my parents left with my daughter and they passed the sheriff on his way to my aunt's house to see waht was goin on. :oops: she was 2 at the time. still can't get her to leave the phone alone. always trying to answer it.

thats the exact opposite from mine they won't talk on the phone or even answer it if they know who it is...kinda pathetic really i mean if that were to happen to me i would probably drowncux they wouldnt use the phone how do you suggest that i get them to use the phone more?

good q? my daughter has just always liked the phone. her toy ones, real ones, cell phones. she'll still take my cell from me and pretend to talk on it. enters about 15 #'s into it then acts like she talking to someone. i don't know if i could get her to remember 911 though. i'm still trying to teach her our home phone. i think mine likes to talk cuz she sees others talking. there are 6 of us in the house including her, so she's got lots of examples to follow.

O i see sounds liek fun trying to kep all of the phones away from her. Maybe i should tell mine that its their favourite character on the other end maybe then they'll talk

i don't know about that. could turn out to be a typical kid and never want to get off the phone. don't want to turn them into a teenager too soon. :lol: