Scary news

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got a call from my mother. She is allergic to bee stings and while out mountain biking she got stung three times around the eye, and got really sick. My brother wanted to take her to the hospital, but she said she was alright and ended up driving home (2 hours away). Well, she ended up going to the doctor this morning, and got some scary news. It turns out she went into Anaphylactic shock, but was able to stabalize on her own. Very very very scary to hear, especially living so far from home. :frowns:

The really bad part is that it may have sensitized her even more now. Wife was bitten by a brown recluse spider a few years back, now any kind of sting puts her in the emergency room. Skeeters aren;t a bad as anything else but she still swells up like a pumpkin, gets head aches and is pretty weak for a day or 2 afterwards.

dun":3upod7u3 said:
The really bad part is that it may have sensitized her even more now. Wife was bitten by a brown recluse spider a few years back, now any kind of sting puts her in the emergency room. Skeeters aren;t a bad as anything else but she still swells up like a pumpkin, gets head aches and is pretty weak for a day or 2 afterwards.
I hope that doesn't happen. :frowns:

Your mom needs to carry a med bag with her and wear a bracelet. She needs 2 epi pens on hand at all times.

I hope she feels better soon.

hillsdown":2gz5lljh said:
Your mom needs to carry a med bag with her and wear a bracelet. She needs 2 epi pens on hand at all times.

I hope she feels better soon.
Yep, she had to pick the stuff up today.

FarmGirl10":ayiq1jxa said:
Yesterday, I got a call from my mother. She is allergic to bee stings and while out mountain biking she got stung three times around the eye, and got really sick. My brother wanted to take her to the hospital, but she said she was alright and ended up driving home (2 hours away). Well, she ended up going to the doctor this morning, and got some scary news. It turns out she went into Anaphylactic shock, but was able to stabalize on her own. Very very very scary to hear, especially living so far from home. :frowns:

Years ago my Mom got stung by multiple hornets while gardening, she had to be rushed to the hospital, nothing to mess with.

GMN

I can sympathize with her, as with what happened to me a few weeks ago with a False Widow spider. As said she should carry an epipen, anaphylactic is no joke and can be deadly, glad she is OK and was able to come out of it, it put me in intensive care for days when I was younger, (allergic to Penicillin)...I think someone mentioned a wrist band or necklace to say about her meds/condition, I wouldn't be without mine. they can be a life saver. they make good Christmas/Birthday presents.

Latest posts