Scars

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Since none of us have tattoos, but most have scars. I have about 4" scar on my chest and several small ones from being pull over the top of a barb wire fence when I was 14 , when I looked down i remember it was all gashed and white before the blood started pouring. There are lots of fine scars where it only cut the skin. Some folks believe it when I say I was attacked by a panther. Big scar on my knee from surgery and my left hand and arm has lots from cutting boxes with a razor blade all those yrs in the grocery business.

I have two 5-6" scars on my stomach from surgeries. One at 2 hours old and one at 6. I was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia that reappeared at 6. I also have a 7" one down my back from falling through a chair at my babysitters house when I was 5. It really needed stitches but she never took me to the doctor.

I've got one from my chin to my navel, one from my elbow to wrist on the left side and from my knee to my crotch on my left leg, all from open heart. A couple on my lower belly from multiple hernias and gallbladder. The only "good" one is on my right side of my chin that the beard grows in white. I told a guy, "go ahead and hit me". He had on a ring and the back of my head was against a brick wall. Yes alcohol was involved.

Lots of scars..some decades old, some more recent. Most noticeable I suppose is from collarbone to sternum, as well as the 3 round ones just below that. Open chest heart surgery.
Lots of barb wire scars on the tops of my hands and forearms.
A 1" long 'u' shaped scar on my left index finger from where I sliced it open in Ag class cutting a chicken's head off and the blade went a bit further than I wanted it to.
A big oval shaped scar on my back, which I've never actually seen from having a 7 lb cyst surgically removed in 2016.

Big scar on my left calf from jet fuel burn and JP infusion, covered with skin graft which sometimes still gets red and raw..rest of the time it's just white. Right calf healed just fine.
2 scars (1/2 round ea) on same left calf where they ripped a vein out to do my heart bypass.
Scar on my left ear lobe where a car fell off a jack when I was 17.

Some folks believe it when I say I was attacked by a panther.
I might have to borrow that tale as an explanation for my most recent injury. Left calf. Think it will fly?

I don't scar. I've had a 3/8 " bolt drove completely through the center of the palm of my hand. I was in a explosion x fire which resulted in third degree burns over my entire right arm and side and exposed bone on my knuckles and fingers. I refused transfer from the lampasas er to San Antonio burn unit.
I didn't have insurance at the time and didn't want to spend the rest of my life paying the bill. My wife took me home that night and cared for me there. Everything healed with no scarring.

There is a little scar on the bridge of my nose. Idk what it's from?

Smashed a windshield out with my face years ago. Cut my leg with a chainsaw. Plenty more else where, but those are the main ones.

A big round dip on the inside of my right calf courtesy of a bronc named Yellowstone in 1975. About an 8 inch one on the left shin from a chain saw. Surgery scar on the left shoulder again thanks to a bronc, this one named PDQ. A 5 inch one on the back of my neck. My story is that one was from Isis trying to cut my head off but their knife broke. Truth is it is from melanoma surgery. A big one on my lip that the stash covers up. That was from my brothers bike in a tangled up bike wreck. A good one on my right thumb from dropping a Mustang tranny on it. Half a dozen or more small ones mostly on the legs or top of the head.

I have two scars from years ago on my scrotum........still had a kid after that injury.....yea he's mine and now 28.

I have tons of them.. mostly small ones, most I don't remember the story behind.. I know lots of them were from riding bikes as a kid (knees, shins, etc).. one on my forehead from when a junkie was breaking into my car and he threw my subwoofer amp at me when I was going to take him down.. he was one lucky guy to get away.. .. One big scar on my right leg from when I broke my femur (about 20 years ago to the nearest week I think).. and a doozie of a scar on my middle finger from when I was about 2-3 years old.. pulled out a prop stick that was holding up a pane of glass.
My knuckles are just NOTHING but scars.. mostly from pulling wrenches... about 20 years ago I decided it would be fun to count them... I had over 50 on each arm (some were very small).. they've kinda all blended together now, and my hands are rarely clean enough to be able to find them.
Did a really SMRT move the other day.. was cutting with an oxy torch and then put my palm on the piece a minute later... got a nice scorch mark on my hand from that but doesn't hurt much

I have scars all over me from road rash on a motorcycle and staples and stiches from it mostly others are just normal wear and tear scars/burns

I have a pretty decent zipper with two drainage tubes for my open heart at the age of 5 months. That also gave me some small ones on my ankles and wrists for IV's and the such. I have a decent one on my arm from barb wire. Now my foot is really cool. I had four incision sites, but the one on the heel didn't scar up nicely, it looks really pretty. There is one about a centimeter on the top of the foot that is OK. On the inside, medial side, of the foot there is a scar about 2 1/2 inches long. It's purple-ish with stitching x's present. On the outside, lateral, there was the hole.....That scarred up well. It's now a 2 inch long dimple on the side of my foot. I have others, but I can't remember them all.

I have a 10" one on my knee from surgery at 18 but I was mainly referring to scars from accidents and such. I have one on my left forearm right above the wrist. I was trying to build a fort when I was 10 or so and had a sheet of tin . the wind caught it and it flipped and dug a chunk out . I ran in the house and told mama my little brother came running in a few minutes later and said the dog ate it. Didn't take me to the doctor or anything just packed it full of salve and wrapped it up. Its still numb around it to this day.

M-5":2ihaco7j said:
I have a 10" one on my knee from surgery at 18 but I was mainly referring to scars from accidents and such. I have one on my left forearm right above the wrist. I was trying to build a fort when I was 10 or so and had a sheet of tin . the wind caught it and it flipped and dug a chunk out . I ran in the house and told mama my little brother came running in a few minutes later and said the dog ate it. Didn't take me to the doctor or anything just packed it full of salve and wrapped it up. Its still numb around it to this day.
I thought everybody knew you put coal oil on little things like that. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":petgea1q said:
M-5":petgea1q said:
I thought everybody knew you put coal oil on little things like that. :lol2: :lol2:
, just black salve and turpentine here

Latest posts