Say Good-bye

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
to TB racing in Texas. Say Hello to NAIS and the Trans Texas Corridor which will swallow up 50,000,000 acres of farm and ranch land. Montana winters are starting to look better and better.Z

For as much sense as it makes they are talking about running it just east of 35. Do a seach for Trans Texas Corridor. You won't find a definitive map just the general area. They are hedging on saying just where it will run.

Our newly re-elected govenor firmly supports it and NAIS and is against the Vidio Lottery terminals at the tracks. The TB people are probably already rolling up their tents. I wouldn't look for a big meet at Sam Houston this year if I were you.Z

From what I can see on the website http://www.keeptexasmoving.org this seems like a ridiculous idea. They say its purpose is to provide a highway big enough to accomodate the growing population, but the current map does not show it running through any major cities, where the population is growing the most. It just shows it running just outside some of the major cities like San Antonio, Austin, Dallas. It seems to me like they only want a major route from Mexico to Oklahoma.

I know these are some absurd claims, but maybe it will divert some of the illegal immigrants to Oklahoma, giving them an easier route to travel, or maybe an easier way to get into the country. I know those are both ridiculous, but with government these days, who knows.

Either way, this plan seems absurd to me.

Latest posts