SAV Sensation

Help Support CattleToday:

Out of approximately 1200 daughters, 10 have been reported for HP and none have been reported in any herds. Might be a clue of two in this search.

We've used him quite a bit in our herd the last two calving seasons. We like their look. They did come bigger this year but we bred them to simangus dams.

They'll really take off after the others slow down. We kept a few replacements this year.

All commercial.

We've mostly used his full brother Seedstock 4838.
They are excellent mothers and I like them as much or better than Resource cows.
Saw some Sensation bulls yesterday and they were very nice. Sold at the top amongst some really good bulls.

We have several ET calves out of Sensation and our donor 913. Calves look good time will tell, we may send one to the Florida bull test this year to see how he develops on full feed.

Gizmom

Sensations were the top of the bull sale I attended yesterday. With Aviator a close second.

I was there for heifers. I brought 3 of the 7 offered (that were PB) and 2 of them were Sensations.

NEFarmwife said:
Sensations were the top of the bull sale I attended yesterday. With Aviator a close second.

I was there for heifers. I brought 3 of the 7 offered (that were PB) and 2 of them were Sensations.

So what features stood out to you in their phenotype/confirmation? Foot structure? Udders? length? width?

hornedfrogbbq said:
NEFarmwife said:

So what features stood out to you in their phenotype/confirmation? Foot structure? Udders? length? width?

Can I be honest? Nothing set them apart from anything else. It was genetics I was fairly confident wouldn't come with problems. I.E. feet. And the operation we got them from breed like we do. I actually went for some other heifers that were part of the sale but co-signed. For whatever reason, they pulled their girls out. Could be because the sale had been postponed so they opted to breed.

We already like our Sensations but didn't have any PB's. When we ran them thru the shoot last night, they had 100lbs more than the third (SAV Platinum) heifer we bought. Our Plat was 1060lbs. The Sens were 1165 and 1180. They're all within two weeks of one another. Our two Sens were a hair taller and it was easy to pick which was the one who wasn't.

Our Plat seems a bit hot headed. We bred her. Hoping once she's with our herd, she'll calm down.

For us, Sensations are slow and steady growers. They're a long distance runner.

How do they compare with the Seedstocks? Just wondering if Seedstock is like Resource and Sensation is like Renown?

Air gator said:
How do they compare with the Seedstocks? Just wondering if Seedstock is like Resource and Sensation is like Renown?

I'd say vice versa. LOL. I prefer sensation over Seedstock. Just as I prefer Resource over Renown.

I dove into my cattle program and it looks like...

Sensation (24hd)
789 Adj WW
85 Act BW

Seedstock (9hd)
801 Adj WW
87 Act BW

Looks like we retained ALL the females last year as replacements. If I recall correctly, we had a good share of them on our bull sale too. I know our top bull was a Sensation.

Oh that would be great. I know Herbster is going to use Bub's heavily to bring in more marbling.

Latest posts