SAV Resource or SAV Renown

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
If you have first-hand experience what have been your results with SAV Resource and/or SAV Renown?
Thanks in advance.

Renowns will be cleaner fronted, more stylish and a little bigger framed than the Resources. Outside of that not a ton of differences.

I like the Renowns. Good looking cattle. Little more frame than Resource. Both will add thickness, Resouce just a little short for me..

I think I will pass on all of them after seeing a Recharge son bring $30,000 locally.Sub 5 frame terribley sway backed and fat. He had over .5 inches of backfat. I was not that impressed with them as a sire group as I think they are too early maturing. It may have changed recently but Recharge wasn't freezing semen a month ago.

We have the first Renown calves on the ground this year, they are coming heavier than the Resource calves. 6 Renown calves average birth weight 76.6 10 Resource calves average birth weight 74.2. We also have Recharge calves on the ground they are lighter at birth than Renown or Resource for the most part.

gizmom

Gizmom,
How do you like the Recharge calves? I thought you had a nice Recharge heifer in a sale last year.

Gizmom,
After seeing the photos of some of the Resource heifers/cows it's tough to go to Recharge without trying Resource first.

This is a Recharge heifer out 1361 reg# 17844735 she has a Renown heifer on her side now. I look forward to seeing if the Renown turns out as well as the Recharge. I like the Recharge I just think she is pretty complete. I need to get a photo of the Recharge bull our of the 811 cow he is sport.

This is a calf out of a first calf heifer and a bull I sampled last year. I didn't use many straws but sure like the calves we did get. The sire is B C Certified 413 a Paxton out of the dam of B C Matrix 4132. The only negative is the calf didn't slick off as much as I would like.

This is a heifer I though we were going to lose last year. She got stepped on at least that is what we think happened. Had a big abcess on her front right shoulder and was totally lame. It slowed her down but she is still a pretty good looking heifer. She is an ET calf out of OCC Dixie Erica 744P and Coleman Charlo 0256.

gizmom

gizmom":3o2g7bqz said:
I have all three on the ground Resource, Recharge and Renown and Resource is my favorite.

Gizmom

Have your thoughts above changed at all?
Asking out of curiosity only.

gizmom":hiqfgvzu said:

This is a heifer I though we were going to lose last year. She got stepped on at least that is what we think happened. Had a big abcess on her front right shoulder and was totally lame. It slowed her down but she is still a pretty good looking heifer. She is an ET calf out of OCC Dixie Erica 744P and Coleman Charlo 0256.

gizmom

What a good looking calf, glad she came around. I love looking at your pictures, very, very nice looking cattle.

Latest posts