SAV Renown daughters

Help Support CattleToday:

T & B farms

Reaction score
Just a small group of 20 Renown heifers to breed. Looking for suggestions for angus sires to use. Looking to retain heifers, but still want some decent growth on the steers. Looking hard at ABS bull Hickok. I have used a lot of connealy right answer in the past and have been very pleased, just looking to switch it up a little. Not concerned with $B, absolutly no GAR genetics.
Thank you for your recommendations

Heifer safe bulls

Tex Playbook 5437
LD Capitalist 316
MGR treasure calves are nice
SAV Raindance (should be heifer safe)

We bred heifers to Ellingson Homestead and KCF Bennett Fortress last spring but won't know how they turn out for awhile.
I like Hickok, but have never used him.

Raindance x ( Full sister to Renown/Resource) 2 month calf

Raindance calf at Schaff's

Proven and I think would click great with renown. Thunderbird or capitalist

Hogtiming":16yo81c8 said:
Proven and I think would click great with renown. Thunderbird or capitalist

We've used both SAV Thunderbird 9061 and Connealy Capitalist 028, we really liked them both.
LD capitalist 316 seems to have a little more growth and length than his Sire.
But like you say those two are proven.

LCBulls,
You had to go and post those photos didn't you?
Now, I have another bull I want to buy.
I know SAV feed their animals better than anyone else...and some of that muscle is coming from Resource, but that calf looks like a baby Net Worth. I've been looking at Rainfall because he has better CED and better CEM and milk...I have a heifer I want to boost milk on.

Air gator":2d4aydt5 said:
LCBulls,
You had to go and post those photos didn't you?
Now, I have another bull I want to buy.
I know SAV feed their animals better than anyone else...and some of that muscle is coming from Resource, but that calf looks like a baby Net Worth. I've been looking at Rainfall because he has better CED and better CEM and milk...I have a heifer I want to boost milk on.

I'm sure that Rainfalls are really good also and that they are probably more CE for heifers. From what I hear is that President and Raindance calves are unbelievable.

SAV President 6847

The President calves are unbelievable. I have seen a lot of cutting edge calves that I sure liked a lot also.

Rainfall seems to have more hair on him than Raindance or President.
President and Raindance seem to have better phots.
Is semen on Raindance sexed or do they have conventional semen on him?
He's $50 a straw? On one hand, I would like to have more heifers but on the other it's nice
to have a bull to sell.

I honestly wish it was easier to find photos of calves online...I'm curious about Baldridge Bronc and Colonel,
Tex Playbook and a bunch of the SAV bulls.

Air gator":xssn101q said:
Rainfall seems to have more hair on him than Raindance or President.
President and Raindance seem to have better phots.
Is semen on Raindance sexed or do they have conventional semen on him?
He's $50 a straw? On one hand, I would like to have more heifers but on the other it's nice
to have a bull to sell.

I honestly wish it was easier to find photos of calves online...I'm curious about Baldridge Bronc and Colonel,
Tex Playbook and a bunch of the SAV bulls.

I believe you can buy conventional for $50 or Sexed Female for $75.
Tex Playbooks are the real deal. I love their Shape for a Calving Ease Bull.

LCBulls,
People don't seem to worry about Playbook's milk epd. I don't know what to think about the milk epds now.
Older bulls milk epds dropped, like JMB Traction, but you have quite a few younger bulls with high milk epds.
I think bulls with +35 or above could be a problem if you don't use them wisely.

Air gator":2ifnt95u said:
LCBulls,
People don't seem to worry about Playbook's milk epd. I don't know what to think about the milk epds now.
Older bulls milk epds dropped, like JMB Traction, but you have quite a few younger bulls with high milk epds.
I think bulls with +35 or above could be a problem if you don't use them wisely.

Yeah, I think it depends on your individual herd or each cow. Some need to improve milk while others don't need any more. I'm not sure his Milk EPD is real accurate right now, but you never know.(doesn't have any milking daughters yet)
All I can say is that his calves are deep, have excellent leg structure and came easy, despite the shape of them. They remind me of Charlo calves with with more growth. And we really liked our Charlo's. We bred our cows heavy to President and Raindance.

(SAV President on Sale day)

I'm not sure on the calving ease on raindance or president for heifers. My spring calves tend to get a little bigger. Now if they were fall, wouldn't worry a bit.
Playbook is going to be a no for me. -31 en$ is opposite what I'm going for. I'm trying for easy fleshing, low cost cows.
I will try a cane of president on some cows.
These renown calves are flat out nice. They are around 7 months Now. Going to weaning weigh in about 20 days. Going to save back several bulls for personal use.

T & B farms":36k70plf said:
I'm not sure on the calving ease on raindance or president for heifers. My spring calves tend to get a little bigger. Now if they were fall, wouldn't worry a bit.
Playbook is going to be a no for me. -31 en$ is opposite what I'm going for. I'm trying for easy fleshing, low cost cows.
I will try a cane of president on some cows.
These renown calves are flat out nice. They are around 7 months Now. Going to weaning weigh in about 20 days. Going to save back several bulls for personal use.

I hear ya on President and Raindance for Heifers.
I think your short changing yourself on Playbook though. His Mature weight and Mature height are in the bottom 5 percent which means that they will be moderate in size. The only reason that his $Energy is low is because of his Milk EPD is so high.
His calves are the some of the easiest fleshing that we've had. I really like easy fleshing moderate sized cows and I think that's exactly what you'll get with his Calves, just with a little heavier milking Daughters if that EPD stays where it's at. ( not likely)

Latest posts