SAV NET WORTH

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":35t1fcc3 said:
iowafarmer":35t1fcc3 said:
Yea those cows are overconditioned but did anyone else bother to take a look at the rest of the videos that this person has on youtube of cattle. All of them are great animals. I'd take them. You cant feed up a poor animal to look that good. The genetics have to be there. Looking at some of the other videos the pasture looks to be really nice forage. Possibly a brome alfalfa mix. Put that high quality of forage in front of an animal with the genetics like those in the video and of course they are going to get fat as all get out on it. If they dont get fat on forage like that I'd say there is a major problem in their genetics and breeding program.
why yes i did.... thats how i ran across this one... thats where i stopped and said """dam"""

Yea and look at the calves running on them cows. Those are some dam nice calves.

Santas and Duhram Reds":2bvgxb5t said:
Jovid":2bvgxb5t said:
Here is a question for all of you that think he is really going to breed those overweight cows......IF (and that is a big if) he stayed in that pasture with those cows how many do you think would be open in 90 days? Did you notice how hard he was breathing just standing there.

I know how hard it is to breath when you are overweight.....

:lol2: :nod:

especially in the throws of sweet lovin' :oops:

On a positive note, the type is good and udders are good too.
I'm curious as to who all the fanatics are taking pictures.

It looks to be a group from south america or central america on an agricultural more specifically beef production tour in the US judging from other videos that user has posted and the fact that the descriptions are spanish on a few. Just a guess though.

I bought a group of angus cows last fall and some were bred to net worth. You can pick his calves out of the group quick. They are long, thick, heavy and GOOD, look like peas in a pod. These calves have never seen a creep feeder. I had never considered using him until this year. After what I've seen, well- if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't know how much or what he's been fed but I really like him and the females. I liked how calm they were for the most part and the calves were nice as well.

3waycross":13056n63 said:
vclavin":13056n63 said:
He's a looker but not for my herd. For starters, his DOC EPD is negative....http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedD...GtKrOOx0hQtnESppbSMoxuU9cRkPj1V0kPUaZekT3pw==
if that doesn't work his reg# is14739204
Valerie

Valerie I passed on using him for just that reason but looking at him in the pictures and how he seemed to be pretty calm I don't know what to think. I would like to see his Igenity score for DOC

I'd be pretty certain he's been igenity tested and that is already factored into his epd. I think the docility thing is real with him, we had problems with 004 too on that score, some a gentle as a kitten, others complete whack jobs.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/grd/2357400527.html
Can someone show me the feed bunk I use or buy to make these look like SAV Net Worth 4200? I've been looking and can't seem to find it. :lol:

Two of our three herd bulls are sons of Net Worth (the other TC Aberdeen) and we couldn't be happier. Lowest of the two had a BW of 56 lbs and a yearling weight of 1330. The bull didn't come directly from SAV either, but from another Breeder using SAV's seamen. The calves of our commercial cows have been excellent.
We all realize that there will be "smoke and mirrors" when it comes to advertising but, some of you need to give credit where credit is due.
Just my two cents
:cowboy:

mncowboy":md0gjyiy said:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/grd/2357400527.html
Can someone show me the feed bunk I use or buy to make these look like SAV Net Worth 4200? I've been looking and can't seem to find it. :lol:

Two of our three herd bulls are sons of Net Worth (the other TC Aberdeen) and we couldn't be happier. Lowest of the two had a BW of 56 lbs and a yearling weight of 1330. The bull didn't come directly from SAV either, but from another Breeder using SAV's seamen. The calves of our commercial cows have been excellent.
We all realize that there will be "smoke and mirrors" when it comes to advertising but, some of you need to give credit where credit is due.
Just my two cents
:cowboy:

Would you mind telling us what you feed your cows?

i am not arguing those are good cattle and i dont have a problem using there genetics i have some in my herd 004 to be exact but you put that bull out on my fescue/clover pasture and no cake or grain and i dont think he would look quiet that massive he looks to me like he is on steroids sorry to offend anyone i remember when we still had quarter horses and we went to the congress one year i was so disapointed with those puffed up studs the were full of steroids jmo David

angusdave63":1vi4ri5k said:
i am not arguing those are good cattle and i dont have a problem using there genetics i have some in my herd 004 to be exact but you put that bull out on my fescue/clover pasture and no cake or grain and i dont think he would look quiet that massive he looks to me like he is on steroids sorry to offend anyone i remember when we still had quarter horses and we went to the congress one year i was so disapointed with those puffed up studs the were full of steroids jmo David

:nod: :nod: :nod:

angusdave63":42ctnv8q said:
you got a fan in jovid if nothing else... you wont catch me being disapointed at seeing a puffed up calf pulling on the teats of my cows ... i want my Q horses built thick and stout ,,to hard on them frail ones jerking cattle

Net Worth is a show bull period. But If I were breeding Angus I would wnt some of him quick like, You just gotta love the length and the hind quarters, even as a 2 yo he had length reguardless of how much feed you give him length is from genetics, look at his offspring, he is NICE, I do not care for Angus, He is Nice, strange enough my breed has been shortening the breed and angus is getting longer, Should we all just get in lock step and follow the black road.

thommoos":3rfn9lgw said:
Net Worth is a show bull period. But If I were breeding Angus I would wnt some of him quick like, You just gotta love the length and the hind quarters, even as a 2 yo he had length reguardless of how much feed you give him length is from genetics, look at his offspring, he is NICE, I do not care for Angus, He is Nice, strange enough my breed has been shortening the breed and angus is getting longer, Should we all just get in lock step and follow the black road.
i say raise what the he$% you want.......... while its still a free country

ALACOWMAN":1repgpsj said:
i imagine that bull is looser than the rest because he's been up, being collected or penned and hasnt adjusted to the lush grass

You're probably right. I noticed the video was taken in August? Kinda hot then which would account for the heavy breathing. Don't they also feed them pretty good when collecting them ... like flushing a cow, I heard it improves semen quailty?
Valerie

Latest posts