SAV NET WORTH

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder where the feed bunk is that those cows and bull have been eating out of?

Proves that you dont have to have a frame 7-8 animal to have muscle. He looks good, but I to wonder how much he has been fed. He seems to be the only one that has a loose stool.

looks like they feed them on the ground they way a path is tore up in the grass. Based on the bulls rearend, I would say range cubes and a lot of them. Ours aren't even that loose eating fresh spring grass and that grass is going to seed.

Here is a question for all of you that think he is really going to breed those overweight cows......IF (and that is a big if) he stayed in that pasture with those cows how many do you think would be open in 90 days? Did you notice how hard he was breathing just standing there.

I know how hard it is to breath when you are overweight.....

With or without feed, I'd still take his type.

Jovid":ddpjkh8t said:
Here is a question for all of you that think he is really going to breed those overweight cows......IF (and that is a big if) he stayed in that pasture with those cows how many do you think would be open in 90 days? Did you notice how hard he was breathing just standing there.

I know how hard it is to breath when you are overweight.....

:lol2: :nod:

especially in the throws of sweet lovin' :oops:

On a positive note, the type is good and udders are good too.
I'm curious as to who all the fanatics are taking pictures.

ALACOWMAN":2xy181k6 said:
Jovid":2xy181k6 said:
CPL":2xy181k6 said:
With or without feed, I'd still take his type.

He or the cows wouldn't be that type without the feed......
granted he's over conditioned, you cant feed his type into em..... they gotta have it to express it

AMEN!!! Schaffs will never win the approval of many on this board but the type and kind is impressive no matter what the critics say.

there is a huge diffrence between a comercial operation and keeping breeding stock on full feed 12 months a year David

angusdave63":28583321 said:
there is a huge diffrence between a comercial operation and keeping breeding stock on full feed 12 months a year David
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He or the cows wouldn't be that type without the feed......[/quote] granted he's over conditioned, you cant feed his type into em..... they gotta have it to express it[/quote]

AMEN!!! Schaffs will never win the approval of many on this board but the type and kind is impressive no matter what the critics say.[/quote]

If you can AFFORD to raise that type of cattle, have at it. They are just not the "type" that the average cattleman trying to make a living can afford to have. Most cattleman can't feed their cattle full feed year round.

The sad part is that there are people that believe if they buy semen or offspring from a bull like that then their cattle will look just like that. That would be those people in the back of the truck that were given the "dog and pony" show and trying to take pictures.

These cattle are a tool for a breeding program just the same as any other genetic package. How many offsping of these cattle have you actually laid eyes on?

you folks can argue till your blue in the face ...i dont care one way or nuther.'' not my cattle'' its the genetics that come shinenin' through. you can fatten a dink, and you end up with a fat dink .. but you cant put that kind of thickness depth and muscle on em. even with feed. thats bred in

Yea those cows are overconditioned but did anyone else bother to take a look at the rest of the videos that this person has on youtube of cattle. All of them are great animals. I'd take them. You cant feed up a poor animal to look that good. The genetics have to be there. Looking at some of the other videos the pasture looks to be really nice forage. Possibly a brome alfalfa mix. Put that high quality of forage in front of an animal with the genetics like those in the video and of course they are going to get fat as all get out on it. If they dont get fat on forage like that I'd say there is a major problem in their genetics and breeding program.

iowafarmer":1w36uxp2 said:
Yea those cows are overconditioned but did anyone else bother to take a look at the rest of the videos that this person has on youtube of cattle. All of them are great animals. I'd take them. You cant feed up a poor animal to look that good. The genetics have to be there. Looking at some of the other videos the pasture looks to be really nice forage. Possibly a brome alfalfa mix. Put that high quality of forage in front of an animal with the genetics like those in the video and of course they are going to get fat as all get out on it. If they dont get fat on forage like that I'd say there is a major problem in their genetics and breeding program.
why yes i did.... thats how i ran across this one... thats where i stopped and said """dam"""