SAV America has a long way to go

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl.aspx?aid=FAAAAKRuqEXe%2bwWE%2frsl7jv7xmuxhAUh12sS7yTpVtNd9j3M&time=LAAAAOhd13rQVY%2bZClzEZ2q2jf7TQvtp7nmikFYW%2bjJZjeTCBYF9jptYrsei%2fI070Rr5qg%3d%3d

Here's a link to his EPDs on AAA.

thank you for that info, but I mean his ACTUAL data. BW, WW, YW, FS, SC. I just assumed someone on here would have that data. Kinda important (to me) if you are thinking about breeding to him. EPD's are just a tool. I understand that "actual data" isn't rock solid gospel, but would be nice to see.
BTW - it shows ownership is Herbster and Schaffs

Here's the Famous flush brothers actuals.
SAV President 6847 (Lot 366)
SAV Raindance 6848 (Lot 367)
SAV Rainfall 6846 (Lot 368)

Picture I took of President on sale day.

Raindance had a 41" Scrotal and 6 Frame as a yearling, 17.6"Ribeye
Rainfall had a 40" Scrotal ( No Frame )
I Couldn't find Presidents Scrotal or Frame, he had 16.6" Ribeye.

I mean his ACTUAL data. BW, WW, YW, FS, SC.
And but of course his respective ratios and number of contemporary's. ;-)
Glossy professional pic aside, I abhor weak top lines be it bulls or cows.

LCBulls said:
RE size alone is meaningless. What was their % per 100 wt?

76 Bar said:
I mean his ACTUAL data. BW, WW, YW, FS, SC.
And but of course his respective ratios and number of contemporary's. ;-)
Glossy professional pic aside, I abhor weak top lines be it bulls or cows.

If your talking about America, then I think he'd ratio quite well being that his 205 was 1107 lbs. Being that it's the highest 205 in the breed 😀

76 Bar said:
LCBulls said:
RE size alone is meaningless. What was their % per 100 wt?

I just provided as much info as I had to a question posed. Haters can hate all they want.

LCBulls said:

How much did the other 5 flush brothers fetch?

When a person goes to a restaurant, they don't demand to know the ownership structure, they just want their meal. A person buys a truck, who cares who sells it, you want the truck, the dealership selling it will not affect how that truck is built or performs. Who cares if Mr. Herbster owns X percentage and Kelly Schaff owns Y percentage. All I care about is getting the progeny on the ground for my OWN purposes. Some of you, and I say this respectfully are missing the forest for the trees and getting caught up in the minutiae that has absolutely no relevance upon what SAV America 8018 can bring to your operation.

When I breed to Hoover Dam, or Sydgen Enhance, or so on, I don't care how many times that bull has changed hands, it simply does not matter, all that matters is that straw, and if the parentage is correct. As long as that is the case, everything else is completely irrelevant.

Unlike anyone else in the Angus business, I'm documenting and posting heavily on President and Raindance, I will post who I breed them to and how they perform. This is a multi-year project which I hope helps people reading my posts. I'm only going to post accurate, factual data and experiences on them, not hype. I will have photos, videos, DNA, weights, progeny data etc, all in a setting outside of North Dakota. If this is not enough and you still think President or Raindance is all hype, then there is little I can do to influence your thinking otherwise.

Certain ranches have been EXTREMELY helpful to me in the past with no expectations of a return, they helped to make me a better cattleman, all I'm doing is trying to pass on what I have learned and experienced to a reader that might see this and gain an advantage from it, that's all, no agenda here, not trying to sell bulls on CT. I could be DEAD WRONG on SAV America 8018, but my gut tells me he is going to be a winner for our operation long term. You only get a limited amount of chances to breed a great herd, don't blow it because you are looking at the wrong things.

I enjoy the threads on the newest hottest bulls, I don't know how America is going to turn o but I can tell you I have to agree with BH on the fact his genetics are impressive 4136 and 075 are two of the best Angus cows that have walked. I have visited Schaff and will add that their cattle are exceptional.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
I enjoy the threads on the newest hottest bulls, I don't know how America is going to turn o but I can tell you I have to agree with BH on the fact his genetics are impressive 4136 and 075 are two of the best Angus cows that have walked. I have visited Schaff and will add that their cattle are exceptional.

Gizmom

Couldn't you just use Supercharger to get the same thing done at a far lower price? I ask that, because that is the route I'm taking and personally I would rather have Recharge in the pedigree than Charlo.

CreekAngus said:
gizmom said:

Gizmom

Couldn't you just use Supercharger to get the same thing done at a far lower price? I ask that, because that is the route I'm taking and personally I would rather have Recharge in the pedigree than Charlo.

I'm not sure you fully appreciate what President brings to the equation. America is better than Supercharger in my opinion, with a lot owed to President's influence.

I won't be doing it anytime soon, but I will, in time breed a few President daughters to Supercharger, should be interesting.

I WILL say that I'm hoping to get a Supercharger daughter very soon, why? Because I'm wanting to get embryos and get some Supercharger/Net Worth daughters. They would be built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Creek

I am not using America but I do like his genetics. I will let others use him and if he proves out will then use him. I do use unproven bulls but ones I have seen with my own eyes. There are a lot of proven bulls out that I can use while I wait to see what America brings to the table. I used Charlo before most and wasn't disappointed, sometimes you just go with your gut.

Gizmom

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
gizmom said:

Gizmom

I'm not sure you fully appreciate what President brings to the equation. America is better than Supercharger in my opinion, with a lot owed to President's influence.

I won't be doing it anytime soon, but I will, in time breed a few President daughters to Supercharger, should be interesting.

I WILL say that I'm hoping to get a Supercharger daughter very soon, why? Because I'm wanting to get embryos and get some Supercharger/Net Worth daughters. They would be built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

I'd love to see the Supercharger X Net Worth offspring. I bet they'll have the phenotype dreams are made of. Hopefully, they'll take the docility of Supercharger and not that of NW. I have heard AND seen Net Worth calves and boy can they be pretty hot headed. I wouldn't mind to have a few canes of NW to put in my cows, but to me, it's not worth the risk with a -10 DOC.

VaCowman said:
************* said:
CreekAngus said:

I'd love to see the Supercharger X Net Worth offspring. I bet they'll have the phenotype dreams are made of. Hopefully, they'll take the docility of Supercharger and not that of NW. I have heard AND seen Net Worth calves and boy can they be pretty hot headed. I wouldn't mind to have a few canes of NW to put in my cows, but to me, it's not worth the risk with a -10 DOC.

Like I said, it could take a while to pull this off, but I'm going to make it happen.

Here is the plan. I'm trying to get a Supercharger daughter soon, hopefully within the next 20-25 days. If the heifer who is settled by him successfully has a daughter then I'm pretty confident she will be nice as the momma and grandmomma are both built like tanks and have really good EPDs and phenotype.

Lots of what if's, but "if" a daughter is born, is healthy, and then develops out well, then we will breed her first round to America, then after she calves I will start flushing her. Once I have her embryos, I will have Trans Ova take over and reverse sort the Net Worth semen I have and create some Supercharger/Net Worth daughters. I bet they would have phenotype that is mind blowing.

All this will take a long time, but I'm determined to make it happen. Mark my word, it will happen. Good things take time.

LCBulls said:

Don't look like the spine ties into the shoulder well to me.

How consistent are the calves of these bulls going to be? At our sale barns here in Kansas they will split up a group if they aren't consistent and so if they get split up then the ones and twos and threes get docked pretty bad. That cuts into the check especially when there is maybe only 20-30 in the group to start with.

What kind of longevity are the females going to have? Are they going to last 14-18 years old? If a female gets flushed when they are 3-5 yrs old how many of these things are known?

I have seen dispersal catalogs of some of these genetics and it makes me wonder what the problem was. Normally if a person isn't old enough to retire or slow down there is other problems. Is it cattle income that is a problem?

Just some thoughts that I consider when I look at my herd and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.