Saturday morning hog

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Went on a hunt Saturday morning at a new ranch my buddy is taking care of. Didn't find the boar we were looking for but did find this one.

They bayed him up in some scattered waist high brush, in a field that had been burned. The hog was very healthy but had those little baby teeth. We were able to cruise right up to the caught hog. :D Can't beat those morning hunts...

025.jpg

They saw a boar during the week they say will easily go #450+. It cut up one of our loosest baying strike dogs. We are on a mission now. 8)

Here is a pick of a boar hog my buddy shot as it was running out of a water hole in a corn field a couple weeks ago. Pretty good for on the run, but I had to chase it down with my .40. :D

002.jpg

So, do you guys eat boar hogs? If so any special way you prepare them? I always just shoot the boars and feed them to the buzzards unless it is a real young one.

I have before, usually unless they are real rank. We mostly bar-b-q. We do leave a lot of them lay because they are usually in the thickest brush on the ranch, it would be hard in the summer to keep the meat good, and we just flat out cant eat that much pork. :D

Latest posts