Sattelite internet

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
We are going to be able to move to the country soon. I was wondering if anyone has the sattelite internet? I cant imagine going back to dial up . Guess city life has spoiled me.

denoginnizer":1ev8yflw said:
We are going to be able to move to the country soon. I was wondering if anyone has the sattelite internet? I cant imagine going back to dial up . Guess city life has spoiled me.
If you can get DSL, go that route. If not then get cable or satelite.

la4angus":1ayo590o said:
denoginnizer":1ayo590o said:
We're way out in the Country and have DSL. It's great.

Crowderfarms":tu27x4jo said:
la4angus":tu27x4jo said:
denoginnizer":tu27x4jo said:

I knew it. Old Crowder is one of them city ranchers. DSL whats that ? Phone lines here buried in the middle of the county road. If the maintainer digs in to deep there go the phones.

Caustic Burno":rl25ipp4 said:
Crowderfarms":rl25ipp4 said:
la4angus":rl25ipp4 said:
denoginnizer":rl25ipp4 said:

I knew it. Old Crowder is one of them city ranchers. DSL whats that ? Phone lines here buried in the middle of the county road. If the maintainer digs in to deep there go the phones.
City Rancher nothing. It's all overhead here.It's so far out in the Country, the Ice Cream man sells Moonshine.

We live in the "county" about 3 miles from a small town. We went to Satellite for Internet and TV...have two separate receivers. DSL not available here. Dialup is slower than snail mail here.

Think our Satellite internet service is about 100 kbs speed, compared to local dialup which I think is about 15-20 kbs speed.

Very satisfied with Satellite service...only occasional outage due to weather "somewhere unknown"...lol.

Unfortunately, it is to far out for dsl. I have dsl here and it is great. No cable either
I feel your pain. Nothing but dial-up here.Running a whoping 16.8 kbps. Msg work this morning to tell them i'd be late (frost free water froze) got to work an hour later beat the msg by 10 minutes!!

Three T":27g8lfsl said:
Unfortunately, it is to far out for dsl. I have dsl here and it is great. No cable either
I feel your pain. Nothing but dial-up here.Running a whoping 16.8 kbps. Msg work this morning to tell them i'd be late (frost free water froze) got to work an hour later beat the msg by 10 minutes!!

Wow, I guess I have to quit complaining about my dial-up - at least it's 28.8.

msscamp":d5aunukd said:
Three T":d5aunukd said:

I agree ours is about 31.2 ..Goes up to about 40 during summer.

frenchie":2mwssnri said:
msscamp":2mwssnri said:
Three T":2mwssnri said:

I agree ours is about 31.2 ..Goes up to about 40 during summer.

I'm jealous, mine stays right on 28.8 - 365 days of the year!

Mss.....same as you locked on 28.8 it use to be like 41 and then all of a sudden 28.8 every time for a year now. A guy came by the other day to sell satellite. The are putting a dish on top of coop. I is just about 3 miles from our house so hopping we would receive it good. Going to get a new computer with Windows XPS first currently we are running Windows 98.

I'm hardline - 28.8 at best (sometimes, err well, many times less).
I understand getting it thru - like Direct TV (we do have that for TV), but what is DSL? I know, I'm really showing my ignorance here, but I here it advertised on TV but don't really have a clue??? Help

We looked at satellite but the cost was one negative the other was that when I really need to see where storms are and if they're headed our way, any lightening and we lose the satellite. And the ones with the lightening are the only ones I'm concerned with tracking. I'll stick with copper

dun

Jeanne, that's the same problem I found! We also have lovely Dial-Up, and worse than that still have old analog phone lines. I complain routinely to the phone man, but he just shakes his head and says "them old lines weren't designed for all this new fangled computer stuff". :roll:

We also have Direct TV, and when I called to find out about DSL, they wanted $599.00 to install the dish, and $59.99 a month for service. Yikes!

I have high speed here at my office, so I try to do anything "fast" here!

We're on dial-up (50.60kbs right now) but don't have the DSL run out in our area. Have been thinking about sattelite but will probably wait...
Took a lightening strike last year out by the main road that took out our modem and all the buried phone cable...good excuse to buy a new computer (the old one wouldn't take the mes MSN) Our son even brings his own machine when he comes home for the summer.
DMc

Latest posts