Satellite internet

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Who has it? Is it any good? Can you stream movies like from Netflix or Amazon?
We have Verizon jet pack that's decent
for most stuff. It doesn't have the bandwidth to stream to the tv.

Caustic Burno":clfbork4 said:
Who has it? Is it any good? Can you stream movies like from Netflix or Amazon?
We have Verizon jet pack that's decent
for most stuff. It doesn't have the bandwidth to stream to the tv.

Run from hughesnet... I have Verizon cantena I think is what it's called fast can do anything until bad storms come

I've got satellite internet through Exede. Stil pretty pitiful here at times. Can stream Netflix as long as no one else is on a tablet or laptop streaming also. But way better than DSL through BellSouth was. I'm not very technologically savvy but my understanding is that bandwidth is similar to an interstate. Information going and coming. Too much creates a "traffic jam". If this is correct I think that some of these companies have sold more service than the infrastructure can handle. But I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this.

We have Hughsnet it's just ok. I doubt We could stream a movie never tried it though. Figure I've got enough bad watchin now why try to "stream" more.

We went from the Verizon hotspot to the cantenna. Good bit faster, we've streamed movies without a blip. The only issue is data limit.

There are tons of satellite Enet companies from big to small. Prices range from high to ridiculously high. Most should stream tv shows and movies. The only thing I would watch is a lot of them don't do much better than your cell provider like at&t or verizon. You may check and be sure you cant up your data plans, use boosters, and at&t router, etc and just stream thru your cell provider. In my experience the cell providers are usually more reliable also.

We have to use satellite enet on all our locations. It is a non-stop PIA. I usually just end up using my cell data.

... watch your contracts too. They love to write in speed limits and data limits and all kind of gotcha's.

Ky hills":13h4euuy said:
We have it through Dish Network. It does pretty well except when there is a heavy rain or storm.

We have the same. Only time it 'goes out' is heavy rain/snow.

We don't have Netflix, but we have no trouble with youtube videos or live-streaming radio programs.

I hope that helps. :)

Dish Network here…it is terrible. But we have no other options.

I had to agree that i would not stream movies or that there would be no video games played online. The video game part doesn't matter here, but it would be nice to stream a movie every once in a while.

Youtube works one week out of the month i feel like.

I can check CT but that's about all its good for.

Storm is the only time it doesn't work at all. Compared to the old dial up, it is awesome. But compared to cable internet we used to have in town, it is awful.

Can barely send or receive a text message where i live. Definitely no 3g or 4g. I hated it at first, but have came to enjoy being unreachable. Sometimes it is a problem though.

My neighbor has service with Frontier through his phone lines. He's real happy, and apparently it works as well or better than my cell service. Plus no data limit and same price. Might be worth looking into for those without cell options. I keep meaning to try it but so far haven't remembered to call.

I have Exceed at my house as sat internet is the only thing available. It's better than nothing but not by much. At the hotel we have cable internet that runs at 200 mbps. That makes Exceed seem like dial up.

Beam me up Scotty.

CB we have tried all of the above. There have been issues with all. A tornado took out a tower and everything around is slower than Christmas. We can stream Netflix in the bedroom but not in the living room. We've spent money on boosters through out the house and wifi just doesn't work well

We put a metal roof on and the company we are with now won't put a dish on a metal roof (so the tech says) and I got a pole in the yard I don't like.

Oscar the Grouch would take second place if we started talking satellite internet.

We have SpeedyQuick. It works well for us. My wife works from home and it's fine for that. Streams Netflix well. My only gripe is that there service is, as with everyone else, outsourced so if you have a problem they'll get back to you "within 24 hours." Other than that, they're fine.

Bestoutwest":1s47gbgw said:
We have SpeedyQuick. It works well for us. My wife works from home and it's fine for that. Streams Netflix well. My only gripe is that there service is, as with everyone else, outsourced so if you have a problem they'll get back to you "within 24 hours." Other than that, they're fine.

press 1 for English then you can't understand anything said

backhoeboogie":clb2rilb said:
Beam me up Scotty.

CB we have tried all of the above. There have been issues with all. A tornado took out a tower and everything around is slower than Christmas. We can stream Netflix in the bedroom but not in the living room. We've spent money on boosters through out the house and wifi just doesn't work well

We put a metal roof on and the company we are with now won't put a dish on a metal roof (so the tech says) and I got a pole in the yard I don't like.

Oscar the Grouch would take second place if we started talking satellite internet.

Tech got mad with me bc I wouldn't let him mount the dish on my roof (shingles). I made him put it on a pole in the yard. So he charged me $50 extra :bang:

JMJ Farms":2hj37fhj said:
Tech got mad with me bc I wouldn't let him mount the dish on my roof (shingles). I made him put it on a pole in the yard. So he charged me $50 extra :bang:
Yeah, I'm with you there. Wouldn't let mine screw it onto the shingle roof either or the facia board.. Had him screw it onto the side of the chimney. No extra charge for that. Dad gum a pole sitting out in the yard to run into with the lawn mower.

ga.prime":13o1bvkq said:
JMJ Farms":13o1bvkq said:
Yeah, I'm with you there. Wouldn't let mine screw it onto the shingle roof either or the facia board.. Had him screw it onto the side of the chimney. No extra charge for that. Dad gum a pole sitting out in the yard to run into with the lawn mower.

Yeah it's a little aggravating but thankfully I gave up grass cutting for now. I ran my old John Deere till the deck literally couldn't be patched anymore. I had washers shimming the pulleys up on some corners just to keep the belts from jumping off. It had numerous holes that had been welded up and was missing the hood and none of the tires would stay pumped up. Also was on its second engine. No telling how much money that old mower made me but I finally got the goodie out of it. So when it quit it was either buy a new one $1500-$10000 (+) maintenance, gas, blades, time, etc. or pay my brother $50 every two weeks. It was a no brainer for me.

Latest posts