Satellite Internet

Help Support CattleToday:

BILL CLAYLAND":1jkg29uh said:
Dun, I have Dish.
Its 50 bucks a month for 5 gigs
if you go over it still works but slower.
Its all we can get, no cable or dsl where i live.
not too bad but not as fast as cable.

Bill
ouch we are getting the 10 gigs for $50.the same 10 gigs was coting me $63 a month through wildblue.

I am very surprised at the cost of your internet services over there. I was lead to believe that Australia was in the back woods with internet. I was on satellite and it did an adequate job, we have only a limited satellite available which has been oversold so slows right down in peak times hopefully this will improve next year as another dedicated satellite comes on line. It has been very difficult for remote properties with the school of the air changing over to internet from the HF wireless and a max data allowance of about 10gig. My satellite service gave me 8 gig for $39.95/ month. I have changed over now to our NBN (National Broadband Network), I have a tower in line of sight about 7Km from the house, the system is fibre optic to the tower and then fixed wireless to my house and is very good. I pay $39.95/ month for 40 gig. I am on standard speed but for an extra $10/month I could get the super speed which is recommended if you are doing a lot of streaming. Also an extra $10 would give me 100 gig.

Not often I can brag about something being cheaper than you guys.

Ken

Apparently our systems are different to yours and have been reported to be the best in the World, surprised when I heard that on the news the other day, I have fibre optic wireless connection to the satellite it goes through a hub, it is very fast I can connect to over 14million hotspots wi-fi sites across the World for free all this service cost me is equivalent to about $79 a month that's.... computers, iPads, mobile and landline phones inclusive unlimited usage and can use all of them at the same time, all data is stored on iCloud, I'm with British Telecommunications (BT) Virgin is big here too. maybe it's because we are a small Country and things don't have to go over vast areas. Not that that will help you, hope you find the one that you want and suits your needs.

skyhightree1":3g1dmeoj said:
dun its Verizon lte works great in my area
Based on our useage, got the numbers from centurylink our ISP, the cheapest verizon could due it is $750 per month.
Looking more like it will be wildblue(exede). Even if we go over our allotment the speed it slows down to will be about 2-3 times faster then centurylink is when it is (rarely) at full speed.

I've got WildBlue. In 2011 I researched the heck out of this subject. Ended up with WildBlue. My dial-up sucked, there's no fiber optic cable lines anywhere near me, no Broadband towers anywhere either, the reviews and prices for HughesNet just didn't float my boat so I went with WildBlue.

I had to go through DishNetwork to get it. I'm happy with it, waaaay faster than my dial-up. The only complaint I have is that I will lose signal with really thick cloud, heavy rain or heavy snow. The signal for the TV is stronger.

Any issues I've had, I have had quick, friendly and helpful service whenever I called.

Workinonit Farm":24zloc3h said:
I've got WildBlue. In 2011 I researched the heck out of this subject. Ended up with WildBlue. My dial-up sucked, there's no fiber optic cable lines anywhere near me, no Broadband towers anywhere either, the reviews and prices for HughesNet just didn't float my boat so I went with WildBlue.

I had to go through DishNetwork to get it. I'm happy with it, waaaay faster than my dial-up. The only complaint I have is that I will lose signal with really thick cloud, heavy rain or heavy snow. The signal for the TV is stronger.

Any issues I've had, I have had quick, friendly and helpful service whenever I called.
I'll be getting it via Directv. Get a discount on my tv bill that way

We have Verizon and last month my son used 27gigs, and 53gigs the month before. We have no TV or WiFi so he's on his phone all the time. But I only used 7gigs in the last 2 months myself. My son and I have the unlimited data plan from Verizon, but we have to buy our phones out right.

dun":1qtxva5c said:
skyhightree1":1qtxva5c said:
Based on our useage, got the numbers from centurylink our ISP, the cheapest verizon could due it is $750 per month.
Wow, is the internet your source of TV? Or is that business usage?

M.Magis":21wf21q9 said:
dun":21wf21q9 said:
skyhightree1":21wf21q9 said:
Wow, is the internet your source of TV? Or is that business usage?
Software development upload and downloads

I have Excede and an generally happy with it. I think it's about 75.00 for 15 gigs/month. One nice thing is they have a "free zone" from midnight to 4 am when you can download/upload as much as you want and it doesn't count against your monthly limit. I schedule any really big downloads and iPhone-iPad backups, Windows updates during the free time.

Excede is not as fast as the cable at work, but still pretty fast.

Dun- our neighbor has wildblue and he works full time from home, he seems happy with it. When we finally move to our new farm in a couple months it is what I think we are going with as well. My wife works from home sometimes and this seems to be our best option. From what I understand if your not doing movies and a lot of downloading it should be good for work type stuff. I have also read some bad reviews about customer service and equipment not working but there seems to be good customer reviews also, like in this thread. Im still a bit nervous about it especially with a 2 year contract but unless I want my wife to be stuck at her office 50 plus hours a week I think its the better option out there right now.

CaddoFarms":2t4nl22k said:
Dun- our neighbor has wildblue and he works full time from home, he seems happy with it. When we finally move to our new farm in a couple months it is what I think we are going with as well. My wife works from home sometimes and this seems to be our best option. From what I understand if your not doing movies and a lot of downloading it should be good for work type stuff. I have also read some bad reviews about customer service and equipment not working but there seems to be good customer reviews also, like in this thread. Im still a bit nervous about it especially with a 2 year contract but unless I want my wife to be stuck at her office 50 plus hours a week I think its the better option out there right now.
I've read the same kind of reviews. Got a neighbor that is pretty much anal about getting what he pays for. If there is a problem he screams and goes to the top of the company and complains. He has wildblue(Exede) and has for a almost a year. He likes it and doesn;t have any complaints. That's about as high of a recommendation I can think of. He had an issue with a mower he got from Lowes. They were willing to replace it free. That wasn;t good enough for him. He bytched to corporate and ended up getting a new mower, delivered for free and a 50 buck gift card from them. I mean, he raises cane if his french frys aren;t as crispy as he likes.

Workinonit Farm":1atfb571 said:
dun":1atfb571 said:
he raises cane if his french frys aren;t as crispy as he likes.

:lol2:

He sounds like a really charming fellow! ;-)
You'll notice I didn;t use the term "friend"
After he gripes about the fries not being crispy enough and they bring him a new batch, he will still eat the first bunch. He'll just complain while he's doing it.

I've read the same kind of reviews. Got a neighbor that is pretty much anal about getting what he pays for. If there is a problem he screams and goes to the top of the company and complains. He has wildblue(Exede) and has for a almost a year. He likes it and doesn;t have any complaints. That's about as high of a recommendation I can think of. He had an issue with a mower he got from Lowes. They were willing to replace it free. That wasn;t good enough for him. He bytched to corporate and ended up getting a new mower, delivered for free and a 50 buck gift card from them. I mean, he raises cane if his french frys aren;t as crispy as he likes.[/quote]

Thats good to hear, my neighbor I also value his input a lot. He has given tons of info and advice building our house out there and he always knows his stuff. And he has been able to work from home exclusively with it. Ill keep checking this thread let us know if you get it.