Saskatchewan

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS

Reaction score
I am heading to Saskatchewan next week to do some work. Anyone out there recommend any ranches near Regina to visit?

So this elderly American couple who live near the Canuck border decide to go for a drive. After driving for a few hours they realize they have lost their bearings in an unfamiliar town.

The wife say's, "pull over dear, and we will ask this gent where we are".

The wife asks the pedestrian," excuse me but what town is this sir"?

The man replies "Saskatoon Saskatchewan".

The wife rolls the window up while saying to her husband," you really have gotten us lost, they don't even speak english here"!

On another note, have you checked the border protocols Kansas, questions like have you visited any farms or such are asked in some situations, according to my sister who just came up for a visit from Florida.( Proud to say the canuck lass married a Marine ).

Also , don't have a roast beef sandwhich in your lunchbox at the border going home ! :lol:

Heck - Sask is such a small province you can divert any direction.

I used to drive 2 hours just to have coffee with the old girl.

When gas prices started rising I had to marry her just to keep the fuel bill down!

You want to visit ranches? Unless it is a dude type the chances of a drop in are scarce. Visitors are not usually turned away hard, but a stranger driving in the lane looking to visit sometimes is treated no different there than anywhere else in the world - with a bit of a jaundiced eye.

Poke around on the internet.

Slippery Moon might be open to a visitor or two - working ranch south and west central.

You might want to check out those customs forms - going both ways. You will be asked if you have visited a farm / ranch - or have been in contact with a farm animal just as randiliana pointed out.

Unless you know them or it is a commercial "people as well as animals" type place - not likely you will be invited in for lunch.

Bez>

You might not wish to mention that you are around livestock at home.... Otherwise you may be finding them testing your boots for diseases and such. They cut a nice little chunk out of my Redwings a few years back....and to be honest we do the same to them.....Ever notice one of the questions your are asked if you have been out of the states and are flying back in. " Have you visited a farm on your travels" Just check that sucker on the form, and see how much attention you draw

Latest posts