Santa Gertrudis?Beefmaster?Red Brangus?Red Brahmas?

Help Support CattleToday:

That is for sure.I only paid $500 each for the commerical heifers in the ring,then twice that for the reg. brahmas I bought.But the Red Brahams and Indu Brazilian I ask about were $1600 to $7500 each.Some were $2500,$3500,$4500.
I am pretty sure Registered Beefmaster,Santa Gertrudis,Red Brangus heifers that are show quality and with some + on their papers will cost about the same.They are sure enough a big investment.Can not afford to make any mistakes.So if I would wait until they are almost 4 years old to AI them,then to a bull that puts out small calves my best bet?As I told my wife if I am on the ship out in the ocean.Better have them in the shed right behind the house,and some to watch them when time comes to calf.Then maybe even call the vet for just in case.Sure would hurt to loose one of those show heifers.

Aye Big Bull and Burno I know you guys say stay away from the heifers.Just wondering why anyone would sell a really good registered cow like a 3x1?This one lady that sells brahmas told me they will not and don't sell their best cows.So I guess that is true with other breeders too.No one will sell you their best.
Even in the ring you see a very nice cow and wonder why is she there.So you back to square 1.

Brahma Bull":2q2uzoy0 said:
Aye Big Bull and Burno I know you guys say stay away from the heifers.Just wondering why anyone would sell a really good registered cow like a 3x1?This one lady that sells brahmas told me they will not and don't sell their best cows.So I guess that is true with other breeders too.No one will sell you their best.
Even in the ring you see a very nice cow and wonder why is she there.So you back to square 1.
2 things 1 if you see reg cows at the sale barn.its probley because of age temperment slow breeder.or some unknown problem that you cant see or dont know about.even at the production sales they sale some 5 to 9yr old cows.thats on the bottom of the reg herds.bottomline you have to have a good eye when you buy reg cows out of any type of sale.

bigbull338":1o2wxtxr said:
Brahma Bull":1o2wxtxr said:
2 things 1 if you see reg cows at the sale barn.its probley because of age temperment slow breeder.or some unknown problem that you cant see or dont know about.even at the production sales they sale some 5 to 9yr old cows.thats on the bottom of the reg herds.bottomline you have to have a good eye when you buy reg cows out of any type of sale.
Yeah buddy on that,that is for sure.Why I am asking so many questions,everyones input,advice,suggestions.Doing my research and homework.Emailing some of these breeders.Before I shell out a lot of hard earned $$$$$.Wish I found Cattle Today years ago now.I already learned more the past few months about cattle on here than all the years I have been around cows.Will let all of y'all know how it goes.