Sandhill Farms

Help Support CattleToday:

Had planned on it for quite awhile, got a catalog, really just wanted to go out and see what I expect to be a top notch cow herd. Dont need another bull right now just wanted to go. but now plans have changed so wont make it this year. L Day (DFF)

Busterz
If you go, I will be there. If nice enough I will have on a sweatshirt with our brand on the back, say hello.
I will be there with my wife and three little ones if it quits snowing
Jeff

Sandhill is one sale I would love to make one day, I have a lot of respect for their program. If you have time I would love to see some pics of his cow herd.

Thanks,
Alan

Hey ......we expect a full report on the sale! I've been watching the Sandhill program for quite a while and hopefully can incorporate some of their genetics this year through AI.

I will be there, I have walked through the bulls a bunch and have done the same with his cow herd. If anyone wants an open opinion on a specific bull and cow family you can call me, Kevin is also very open and honest about his cattle.

My number is 620-386-0989 if anyone wants

oakcreekfarms":1zc6qtjb said:
I will be there, I have walked through the bulls a bunch and have done the same with his cow herd. If anyone wants an open opinion on a specific bull and cow family you can call me, Kevin is also very open and honest about his cattle.

I have never used any of their genetics, but have inquired about some. I have found Kevin to be extremely helpfull, very open about the shortcomings of animals, admitted to an embarassing past mistake and I always got a very speedy reply via e-mail. He even e-mailed videoclips of the bull I was interested in to me when they weren't even edited yet. With the kind of customer service he is providing I sincerely hope he has a very good sale, i think he is an asset to the breed.

oakcreekfarms":3tm8c5cr said:

what did these bulls look like? Bring? These are the ones I would of looked up if I had gone
Lots-1,5,11,26,38,53 the 6 heifers?
Thanks L Day (DFF)

DFF":ktq1bq2v said:
what did these bulls look like? Bring? These are the ones I would of looked up if I had gone
Lots-1,5,11,26,38,53 the 6 heifers?
Thanks L Day (DFF)

1 10250
5 12500
11 5750
26 2250
38 3500
53 do not know

heifer were 800 +_ 50 I think

Average was 43xx

I will let oak tell you more on how they looked he purchased lot 6

Jeff

It has been awhile since the sale, but I have been busy and this is the first time I could say anything about it. I thought the sale went well, and yes we did buy the lot 6 bull (I attached a picture so you guys could see). I bought the bull because our last M326 son did a great job for us, and I love the cow this bull is out of.

U84.jpg

The bulls looked good and sold really well. A good friend of mine bought lot 3, and I believe he was one of the top calves in the sale.

The cows looked really good, most of the radar daughters seem to have ideal udder shape and conformation. The Ribeye's have the right type of udders, and seem to be good functional cattle. The progress are deep, soggy type of cattle, great udder quality, moderate framed, and seem to be the right type of cows to build a solid foundation around.

Over the past 5 years I have had the privilege of knowing Kevin his cow herd has gotten consistently better in the traits he has set out to achieve. Kevin at one point told me that one of his favorite things was culling cows, because the resulting set of cows were that much better. I believe that this is a statement to Kevin's character as a true cow man and forward thought of always trying to better his herd the the entire breed.

If anyone has a chance to go and talk to Kevin, I would take the chance. He's a good friend, and has a wealth of knowledge which I pick through often.

Sorry for the rant, not sure if anyone wanted or needed any of the given information, but there it is anyhow.

Looks like you got a good bull oakcreekfarms. Congratulations!!! I'd like to see a picture of his dam.

Thanks

His dam is a governor daughter, has a great level udder with good teats, deep enough behind the shoulders, and has produced some great calves out of the M326 flush. Last year I think 5 brothers averaged over $8000 or something like that.

Latest posts