Sandhill Farms sale

Help Support CattleToday:

oakcreekfarms

Reaction score
If anyone is going to be at the Sandhill Farms sale, I'll be there. Make sure to come and say hi if you get a chance. I should be wearing a hat with my farm name on it, and will be helping sort off cattle in the morning.

From the averages, I'd say they had a really good sale!

63 yearling Hereford bulls/ $4027
11 registered Hereford females/ $5113
30 commercial Hereford open heifers/ $1041

George

Herefords.US":ngyuz4ws said:

George

Thanks for teh info George, Sandhill Farms sale is one I would love to attend one day.... it's a fair drive for me. Anyone have any more info on the sale, top selling bull and amount? ect.?

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":2je4zaul said:
Herefords.US":2je4zaul said:

George

Thanks for teh info George, Sandhill Farms sale is one I would love to attend one day.... it's a fair drive for me. Anyone have any more info on the sale, top selling bull and amount? ect.?

Thanks,
Alan

I wanted to go this year, but looking at the average on those 11 cows it probably would have been a wasted trip. I'll be very surprised if the Lot 1 bull didn't top the sale for significant money.

Hopefully, "oak" will fill us in with more details.

George

Lot 1 28000 to Remitall, B n C, and a place out of Uruguay. Bulls looked good and sold well. You needed a banker to look at those cows. I am sure Matt will have more details.

Lot one was a heck of a bull, it will be interesting to see how Remitall uses him. Wish i would have had the money I would have bought lots 2 and 3. The cows were beautiful, most had excellent udders, and the calves looked really good as well. It's always a joy to attend the sale, and helping a little makes me feel like a small part of it. Kevin and his family really put on a great sale. Feel free to PM me if you want

Herefords.US":1atnesee said:

George

These animals seem to be a bit out of my price range, but most if not all look really nice. Oakcreek, if I can ask, do you know the low price paid for a bull and a cow? And if it's not too rude who they are? Also do you know how much lot #66 went for? she is the M326 daughter out of a Governess cow. Feel free to pm me if you rather not post the info here. I'm just curious if the lower priced animals are worth the price of a plane ticket and motel and rental car in the future.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":33vg0vdh said:
Herefords.US":33vg0vdh said:

George

These animals seem to be a bit out of my price range, but most if not all look really nice. Oakcreek, if I can ask, do you know the low price paid for a bull and a cow? And if it's not too rude who they are? Also do you know how much lot #66 went for? she is the M326 daughter out of a Governess cow. Feel free to pm me if you rather not post the info here. I'm just curious if the lower priced animals are worth the price of a plane ticket and motel and rental car in the future.

Thanks,
Alan

Looks like lot 66 and other registered females were sold with a heifer calf at side which explains the price a bit. Looking at lot 66 I agree - I would have had a tough time keeping my hand down.

Herefords.US":3306d9f5 said:

George

Thanks SR, I saw that the cows all had a heifer calf at the side, but still curious to some of the other lower prices. In the group of bulls, if you took out the #1 bull which sold for $28,000 that would bring the avg of the remaining 62 selling at an avg of $3640.... if I did my math right..... Could you pick up a nice cow calf pair for $3000 at the sale?

Alan

The low selling bull was $2000 I think, most sell for around $3500. Usually the bulls sell consistent after the first 7 lots or so. I believe that cow brought $6500, i don't have my catalog in front of me. The lowest priced cow was $3500 i believe, I will get my catalog and let you know for sure. I believe around 70% or so of the bulls go to commercial buyers. It is amazing to see commercial guys pay $6000 for bulls, they have proven to be profit producing bulls or people wouldn't come back to pay that year after year. The cows looked really good, personally I liked 67 and 68 better then 66. All three were great cows though. It probably makes a difference with the lot 67 cow, I own 2 full sisters so I had a lot of interest in seeing how she sold.

S&S Farms":1ubgvpxo said:
Lot 1 28000 to Remitall, B n C, and a place out of Uruguay. Bulls looked good and sold well. You needed a banker to look at those cows. I am sure Matt will have more details.

Isn't there a lot of Sandhill Farms influence in the S&S cattle? Did any more get added in the S&S program via this sale? :cboy:

Yes their is a little of that influence in my herd. Marshal just made SOD this year. I also found out a Marshal daughter I sold became a DOD this year. No i did not bring home any new critters. I did get some semen for breeding this spring while I was there thou.

Jeff

Latest posts