Sandhill Farms Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeff,
Did you go to sale? How was the offering? I would assume it to be top notch. How was sale? Particular interests?
Thanks Larry (DFF)

He had a good offering and a good sale. Not bad to average 5573 on 51 bulls for your first sale. There was not one outragoues priced bull 13000 was the top and 2750 was the bottom. No I did not get one purchased but I am not alone in that matter.

Jeff

It was a sale I wure would have liked to see. Did one sires offspring impress you more than the rest? To follow Knersie's line of thought how did the Progress sons sell?

Thanks for your patience with all these questions.

Alan

The Ribeye sons probably sold the best followed by Radars, M326 and Progress. I do not have my catalog with me right now. I missed lots 28 through 36 selling. I know Oak Creek probably has all the amounts. I was looking at two ribeye caives personally.

Jeff

The progress calves are very consistant in type, deep, thick, good muscle, dark red, many were scurred or horned, and most don't have much pigment. Personally they don't stand out for the most part, but are the type of cattle the cattleman should like. The standout calves in my mind were a couple of the Ribeye's and a couple of the M326's.

We drove around the cows again on Friday and Saturday, the progress's should make some fine momma's great udder attachment and teat size. They seem to be a little smaller framed, stout and deep. If you wanted to fault them they could be a little longer sided. But with how the market seems to be moving they are probably the right type of cattle.

I have all the bulls written down if you want to know what specific bulls brought. It was a great sale, and I was happy to see that Kevin's sale did well even though it meant I went home with an empty trailer.

I picked up a bull a little earlier this year, but if I hadn't have got him, I would have been interested in lot 5 and maybe lot 15, thats from just looking at the pics in the catolog. If you wouldn't mind Oak, what did lot 5 go for. Thanks

Oak, Would mind posting 2 or 3 of the bulls that sold for the higher prices, with lot numbers and what they sold for, feel free to PM me if you prefer. Also, I see they had some commerical and BB heifers, did they offer any replacement heifers?

Alan

Lot 1 (ribeye son) 11,000, Lot2 (radar son) 13,000, Lot 5 (M326 son) I believe brought 10,000, lot 6 (rib eye son) 10,000.

I think all of those are right. It was a great sale, though disappointing for me since I didn't get one. The heifers brought between $750-$900 I believe, no replacements were sold, but you can call Kevin and see if he will sell some at the house.

oakcreekfarms":12t610vr said:
Lot 1 (ribeye son) 11,000, Lot2 (radar son) 13,000, Lot 5 (M326 son) I believe brought 10,000, lot 6 (rib eye son) 10,000.

I think all of those are right. It was a great sale, though disappointing for me since I didn't get one. The heifers brought between $750-$900 I believe, no replacements were sold, but you can call Kevin and see if he will sell some at the house.

Great info... thank you very much!
Alan

Latest posts