San Antonio

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Anybody going to be in San Antonio next week for the Beltwide Cotton Conference? I'm going to get there Monday and you folks that live around that area what is good to see (I've seen the Alamo but will go through it again)?

jedstivers":38pextm9 said:
Anybody going to be in San Antonio next week for the Beltwide Cotton Conference? I'm going to get there Monday and you folks that live around that area what is good to see (I've seen the Alamo but will go through it again)?

Jed, depending on how much time you have, at least get down to the River Walk and sample the atmosphere and Tex Mex food. It's dead on. Margarita's are good too. If you happen to have an extra day to do whatever, then go to Seaworld. The inverterted roller coaster will make you think about your drawers. No Tex-Mex or Margarita's before getting on board!!!!!! You'll like S.A.. Very laid back! Have fun!!!!!

If you are interested in history, take a tour of the Alamo and the Missions. Also, check out the shops in Market Square. We took a tour boat ride down the river the last time we were there and it was pretty interesting. But I agree with Beefmaster, get some fajitas and a big margarita in front of you and you'll think you've died and gone to heaven.

You can catcch a trolley for the mission tours but it will take up the better part of the day. Just spend a day strolling down the river walk and stop and sample the eats. It is a lovely city and I have been there many times. In fact, I spent both honeymoons there. A carriage ride through the King Edward district is great, too. Some of those old houses are great to see. My husband and his cousin did restorative work on some of those old houses.

jedstivers":1lk4e5n8 said:

Well isn't that funny, I'll be goin' down there to san antonio this week...for a Film Festival though. San Antonio is a neat place, thats for sure--loved the River Walk. Went in 07, will be fun to go again! :)

I have not been to San Antonio since 1978 when I went to the Rose Classic Quarter Horse Sale. We had a great time. Went to the Alamo and River Walk and enjoyed the Mexican food. We had a great trip. Kathy wants to sell out and move so we can live a more leasure life. I think that thought sucks. I like my cows.
Tom.

http://www.visitsanantonio.com/visitors ... index.aspx

We visited most all of these and more there on vacation a few years ago and the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum was my favorite and I don't drink. They have the largest collection of animal mounts and horns that I have ever seen as well as a bunch of assorted odd things as well.

BeefmasterB":unqjnysl said:
jedstivers":unqjnysl said:

Jed, depending on how much time you have, at least get down to the River Walk and sample the atmosphere and Tex Mex food. It's dead on. Margarita's are good too. If you happen to have an extra day to do whatever, then go to Seaworld. The inverterted roller coaster will make you think about your drawers. No Tex-Mex or Margarita's before getting on board!!!!!! You'll like S.A.. Very laid back! Have fun!!!!!

The Downtown San Antonio River Walk (San Antonio River) will be drained this week for maintenance.

ROCKSPRINGS":3bn4dmnw said:
BeefmasterB":3bn4dmnw said:
jedstivers":3bn4dmnw said:

The Downtown San Antonio River Walk (San Antonio River) will be drained this week for maintenance.
That's the bad thing about the Beltwide, it's the same time they drain it. I was there once when it was full and it was great. Thanks everybody I leave in the morning and will get there right before noon, I'll miss CT for a few days :( .

Don't know how long you'll be there but, if you like good country music "the old stuff" and you like to dance, ease on up to Bandera, It's not far. The Cowboy capital of the world. There's several fun places there on the wkends.

Triple D":2e24tnlf said:
Don't know how long you'll be there but, if you like good country music "the old stuff" and you like to dance, ease on up to Bandera, It's not far. The Cowboy capital of the world. There's several fun places there on the wkends.
I wouldn't have had time on this trip but I'll have to remember that. I wanted to go to Green Hall (not right spelling but don't want to look it up) but not time for that either. We did make Cowboys but the only problem was my boots were older than at least half the kids in there :roll: .

jedstivers":kxtqcuxf said:
Triple D":kxtqcuxf said:
I wouldn't have had time on this trip but I'll have to remember that. I wanted to go to Green Hall (not right spelling but don't want to look it up) but not time for that either. We did make Cowboys but the only problem was my boots were older than at least half the kids in there :roll: .
Never cared much for Cowboys, I feel your pain though, with the kids I mean. Gruene Hall's fun if the right band is there. If you like saw dust on the dance floor you'd like Bandera. The crowd runs from kids in their 20's too folks in their 80's. I love watching the older ones dancing and having fun. Labor day wkend is a fun time. That's rodeo wkend, you'll run into some of the old pro rodeo cowboys. They're fun to visit with.

Latest posts