Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Here's a 17 month old bull by Day Rupert Tone 092 out of a Boyd Victor 6090 d
9447710-R1-027-12.jpg
aughter owned by my brother.

9447710-R1-039-18.jpg
[/img]

Five month old maternal half brother next to mature cow. This calf was sired by my WBL Chief 20F bull that I sold last winter.

Susie David":1cz5nr51 said:
Nice looking bulls....aleays been fond of Herefords..

Thanks. A note to all: No thin skin this time. If you want to criticize, go ahead. I'll be the first to tell you that the young calf doesn't look that great in this particular picture, but it does demonstrate some growthiness.

I like your bull. Maybe its the lighting, but in the second pic he looks kinda thin. Nice back, good shape of head, and good butt on him. Good horn growth on him, from what I can tell.

The calf is alright, but like you said, its probably not the best pic of him. Nice cows in the background, though.

that bull has a nice sraight topline and leggs.whem he finishes growing an filling out he is going tobe a big bull.as for the 5 month old bull.if he dont have herdsire stamped on him.i dont know a dang thing about cattle.id love to know what he weighs.scott

LegacyBreeder":2hc2mvzy said:
I like your bull. Maybe its the lighting, but in the second pic he looks kinda thin. Nice back, good shape of head, and good butt on him. Good horn growth on him, from what I can tell.

The calf is alright, but like you said, its probably not the best pic of him. Nice cows in the background, though.

It's been pretty dry around here until a week ago today. The rain started last Sat. after the photos were taken. It kind of took its toll on the BCS of our cattle.

9447710-R1-045-21.jpg
[/img]

One more of the youngest for bigbull338. This little guy has 6090, 15G, F243, Gilead 67K, and several Graystone names including Hurrah, in his pedigree. His sire was ACE of New York (Now Star Lake of OK) bred on the top side.

very nice looking bull (17 month old).Looks dry there.
We finally got some rain 2 inches last sat. and 1 inch this morning.Only thing wrong is he is not in my pasture. :)

Starting the night of the photos, we've had about 9 inches in the week since.

I'm guessing from 1400-1500#. His yearling frame score was close to 6 if I remember, and yearling weight right close to 1100# Yearling scrotal 33 CM. He could be in your pasture......if you wanted him to! ;-)

greenwillows you sure know my weakness for well bred bull calves. that calf has 1 devil of a stacked bloodline.an he is showing future herd bull status on him.are you going to raise those bull calves out.scott

bigbull338":1l4qwnf4 said:
greenwillows you sure know my weakness for well bred bull calves. that calf has 1 devil of a stacked bloodline.an he is showing future herd bull status on him.are you going to raise those bull calves out.scott

These are at my brother's place. The big one is for sale, the little one will be within a month or two, and the middle one is supposed to be coming to my place this evening. I plan to keep him around for a while to evaluate him for potential use. He's very thick and deep, but not very photogenic at this stage.

Two good bulls at the start of your post. I love Herefords to have horns. Our Herefords mostly have horns. Will post a picture as soon as I get my camera. We purchased the nucleus of a small Hereford stud in the last month. Eagerly awaiting the calves out of the two heifers we purchased. The sire we seen at the sale was magnificent,nice hindquarters,plenty of frame and a true sire. The young future sire we will join to these heifers after they calve then next year we have a couple of other top class registered bulls (that we are using in our commercial herd at present)to join them to. There is a 700 cow dispersal coming up in November about 250 ks away,we might go for a look.
Keep breeding good Herefords,they still are the backbone of the beef industry.

Colin

well, gw, either you have learned to take better pics or these bulls are better quality than the previous animals you posted. good job.

txag":u7p5p17z said:
well, gw, either you have learned to take better pics or these bulls are better quality than the previous animals you posted. good job.

While GW and I have discussed his pic taking ability - which is still deplorable in my opinion :lol: I think we all would agree the quality of the pic and the animal is up a couple of notches.

Bez'

Latest posts