Salsa

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Cheap alternative
You can add in diced onions and more pepper but it ain't bad with just these 3

Haven't tried combining those. Maybe I should give it a try. By the way, I like using my crock pot too.

In pot put 20 or so Serranos, an onion, 4-6 cloves garlic. Boil for a few minutes untill peppers are soft, then drain water. Pour into mixer. Mix on high, mean while get a pot of vege oil or the oil you prefer, just need enough to cover bottom of pot. Get the oil hot, then pour in the purr-aid pepper's and let the mix fry a few minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. You can add habeneros and ghost peppers to make it spicier

Jalapeno is about the limit of my heat tolerance. Ghost peppers are crazy hot to me. I recently found out too that if you bring home made salsa to a drilling rig and place it in the bunkhouse, it will be gone when you get ready to eat it

saltbranch":2apd3t6s said:
In pot put 20 or so Serranos, an onion, 4-6 cloves garlic. Boil for a few minutes untill peppers are soft, then drain water. Pour into mixer. Mix on high, mean while get a pot of vege oil or the oil you prefer, just need enough to cover bottom of pot. Get the oil hot, then pour in the purr-aid pepper's and let the mix fry a few minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. You can add habeneros and ghost peppers to make it spicier

Spicier is NOT the right word saltbranch. :lol2: :lol2:

Craig Miller":1u3q4l9f said:
JI recently found out too that if you bring home made salsa to a drilling rig and place it in the bunkhouse, it will be gone when you get ready to eat it

I've never been on a drilling rig, but I suspect that would apply to anything homemade, not just salsa.

Rafter S":2ft50hnq said:
Craig Miller":2ft50hnq said:
JI recently found out too that if you bring home made salsa to a drilling rig and place it in the bunkhouse, it will be gone when you get ready to eat it

I've never been on a drilling rig, but I suspect that would apply to anything homemade, not just salsa.

It pretty well applies to anything period. We've got a good bunch of guys here. You could leave a hundred dollar bill laying out all week and not worry about it. But we've also got a couple big ole boys here that can't resist some good home made food.

Craig Miller":t1vhfgdd said:
It pretty well applies to anything period. We've got a good bunch of guys here. You could leave a hundred dollar bill laying out all week and not worry about it. But we've also got a couple big ole boys here that can't resist some good home made food.

Had this in our squad room, but if you left your pen laying around someone would grab it.

My wife mixes the Ro tel with ground beef sometimes for tacos. She has been making salsa, and using it the same way, she uses salsa in chili and other dishes in place of plain tomatoes. We have been growing some jalapenos. She put's them in a lot of dishes, that's as spicy as we have ventured to try. When my wife and mother both tried making salsa together it turned into a fiasco, my mother doesn't want any spiciness at all and wants it sweet, wife likes to put several jalapenos.

TexasBred":24so9coh said:
saltbranch":24so9coh said:

A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit pissed so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!

Some people are jerks. :)
I once went to an Indian restaurant with a friendly acquaintance from India.
We both ordered the same dish 2 star hot for me, 5 star for him and he requested hotter if possible.
When I wasn't looking he switched plates, one bite and the entire meal was ruined for me, one bite was all I ate.
He laughed his butt off... yea, yeah, very funny, now you can pay the bill for both meals, I'm done.
Sweet cherry peppers, ground on a sandwich is more my speed.

Son of Butch":sjg716rz said:
We both ordered the same dish 2 star hot for me, 5 star for him and he requested hotter if possible.
When I wasn't looking he switched plates, one bite and the entire meal was ruined for me, one bite was all I ate.
He laughed his butt off... yea, yeah, very funny, now you can pay the bill for both meals, I'm done.
Them Indians dont play around with heat. I a still experimenting with that and learning. Our local restaurants go to heat#5, which a prefer. A local C store owner swears she wil teach me recipes. Time will tell

saltbranch":zvp1nt77 said:
TexasBred":zvp1nt77 said:
saltbranch":zvp1nt77 said:

A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit be nice so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!

Here you go Salty.http://thebigfly.tripod.com/sonofabitch.htm

Son of Butch":2ke0ydit said:

Jalapeno is as hot of a pepper as I'll eat. It prefer it cooked to just get the flavor and not the heat. I do eat hot stuff but my limit to really enjoy it is about that of Tapatio or Texas Pete. I really like cholula. Hot sauce flaver without the heat.

TexasBred":38zbsf3a said:
saltbranch":38zbsf3a said:
TexasBred":38zbsf3a said:

A quick story for humor. I made some hot sauce to take to work, using recipe above. I added 4 Carolina Reapers into the mix and this stuff would peel paint. After pranking different guys at work, we had this salesman come in. He was a normal vendor from Louisiana and a cool guy. I need to add the taco lady just came and I had bought 2 breakfast tacos. Anyways he and another salesman were talking salsa(set up) and he proceeded to talk about Texas hot and Louisiana hot......how Louisiana hot was hotter. So I brought out my special hot sauce and spooned several spoons on one of my tacos. I suggested he try it and one of the guys had some crackers to use, he was game. I put about a quarter size dab on the cracker and he ate it whole. The Carolina Reapers have creeping heat if you never had them.....so at first he was like good flavor, not bad spice. A minute or so later, he was saying its getting hot :tiphat: then I dumped my taco in the trash. the look on his face was priceless, before it was over with he had eaten butter, sugar, water, salt just to try and kill the heat, literally has tears and spitting drool in the trashcan. He was a bit be nice so I took the same size dab on a cracker and took it for the team :banana: ,Texas heat got him that day :cboy: and he has refused my hot sauce since!

Here you go Salty.http://thebigfly.tripod.com/sonofabitch.htm

LOL...thats perfect! I have warn that hat several times at the shop I work. Not many folks I run with can take the heat like I can.The older I get, the hotter I like it.

Latest posts