Sales manager

Help Support CattleToday:

blacksnake

Reaction score
A few months ago I purchased a cow at a sale run by one of top sales managers for angus cattle. She was AI bred to GAR Predestined. No announcements at the sale contradicted the rules as set by AAA. I was issued health papers for the cow signed by the Vet and issued to a well known breeder and owner in KY.
After several weeks of not receiving the registration transfer, I called the breeder and asked if he could get the papers going. He informed me he had sold the cow to the sales manager several months before. I checked the registration number on AAA website and it still said the original breeder was the owner. After numerous requests to the office of the sales manager, I was able to get the transfer papers. Now I am going through the same hassle trying to get the AI certificate. Any suggestions? I have numerous contacts with the sales manager's office and am VERY dissappointed.
Thanks for any help

blacksnake":313giy4v said:
A few months ago I purchased a cow at a sale run by one of top sales managers for angus cattle. She was AI bred to GAR Predestined. No announcements at the sale contradicted the rules as set by AAA. I was issued health papers for the cow signed by the Vet and issued to a well known breeder and owner in KY.
After several weeks of not receiving the registration transfer, I called the breeder and asked if he could get the papers going. He informed me he had sold the cow to the sales manager several months before. I checked the registration number on AAA website and it still said the original breeder was the owner. After numerous requests to the office of the sales manager, I was able to get the transfer papers. Now I am going through the same hassle trying to get the AI certificate. Any suggestions? I have numerous contacts with the sales manager's office and am VERY dissappointed.
Thanks for any help

Interesting post. Apparently the breeder sold the cow to the sale manager and he put her in a sale? Was it the original breeder's sale or a consignment sale? Did the sale catalog show her to be owned by the sale manager or the original breeder? Either way, generally, in a consignment sale, the sale manager will transfer all the papers and mail them to the buyers after all the checks have cleared. I think they're supposed to have that done in 45 days. If it's actually been "several months", I'd email the Angus Assn and tell them the details. The original owner should have transferred the papers to the sale manager when he sold the cow to him. If the AAA website still shows them to be in his name, he's the person who has to do the transfer. Put it in an email, names, dates, check numbers, etc., and see what they can do for you.

I understand your frusteration. We bought our second Angus cow at a production sale. It took forever to get the papers. The breeder blamed the sale manager, the sale manager blamed the breeder. We finally got them and were foolish enough to buy another cow from the same breeder at a sale the next year and had the same problem! That time, we knew enought to contact the AAA and they transferred the cow and charged his account for the transfer! I do have to say, though, that when a cow turned up open, that breeder took good care of us. But I would never, ever buy a cow from him again. Good luck....

Latest posts