Sales bulls Part II

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Well not whole bulls except for one. My 60 bull is a camera hog. As you can tell by the picture is is tall but very easy fleshing. He weaned at 785 and will probably yearling around 1100. These are the home finished bulls. Maybe 10lbs of grain a day and real good hay. They probably walked close to a mile a day from water to feed and back. They were in a river bottom pasture since Nov. Definately a different look from the Test bulls but solid.
They sell tomorrow in the all breeds sale here in Salida. I have pretty much cornered the Balancer market here for this year.
#60.

Some butts, #60 on the right. Far left is a little heifer bull middle is the 62, Will try to get a better picture of him later this evening.

He reminds me of one of those LOOOONG black oil tankers that roll by my place.... He'd put some stretch on some of my heifers for sure!! :tiphat:

Best luck tomorrow!, he does look good... I wish I had the room to make my cattle walk a mile to water without making a maze! Hey, I might be onto something!

Well they sold. Not for what I wanted but OK considering the venue. This is a primarily Angus sale and not even all of the Angus sold really well. I avgd just under $2500 on the 3 bulls and the big bull ended up about 60 miles from me. The other two will be pretty local.

The Angus bulls sold for stupid prices in a couple of cases........God Bless them! :tiphat:

That is a really long bull and would help put some length to some short bodied cows that are putting some heavier calves on the ground. Don't usually see a bull that long at that age.

3waycross":1htmxoz9 said:
The Angus bulls sold for stupid prices in a couple of cases........God Bless them! :tiphat:

Vic, around here that is called swapping money. :lol:

Cabo":1tl72t06 said:
3waycross":1tl72t06 said:

Vic, around here that is called swapping money. :lol:

Cabo it really wasn't that they just paid big money for the 2, 2yr old bulls in the sale. The same people who stole my big long bull for 2600 paid 5800 for a 2yr old that was too small for last years sale. He was a nice bull but not 5800 worth for sure. I can't wait to see which bull sires the best calves for them. That calf of mine will cover some ground in the mountais that the little pig will not ever see. They will both be on the same cows this year. I don't expect the yearling Balancer to cover as many cows but he will work for it and i know that.

3waycross":1y77hum7 said:
Well they sold. Not for what I wanted but OK considering the venue. This is a primarily Angus sale and not even all of the Angus sold really well. I avgd just under $2500 on the 3 bulls and the big bull ended up about 60 miles from me. The other two will be pretty local.

Good looking bull 3way but pic doesn't show as much masculinity as I would hope to see...was gonna offer you $1200 but see he already sold........ :mrgreen: bet he makes someone a fine herd sire though.

3waycross":3l8bv0s4 said:
They sell tomorrow in the all breeds sale here in Salida. I have pretty much cornered the Balancer market here for this year.

It sounds like you just had the only Balancer corner in the market.

I would have thought higher for them too, especially just in time for spring... We paid 2500 for our now 2 year old bull, back in late fall and consider ourselves lucky.

Remember too that at auctions, it takes 2 interested people to get a good price...

Nesikep":c3uxiw6h said:
3waycross":c3uxiw6h said:

It sounds like you just had the only Balancer corner in the market.

I would have thought higher for them too, especially just in time for spring... We paid 2500 for our now 2 year old bull, back in late fall and consider ourselves lucky.

Remember too that at auctions, it takes 2 interested people to get a good price...[/quote]

Thanks, I guess you learn something new every day.

3waycross":2ahz5yt9 said:
That calf of mine will cover some ground in the mountais that the little pig will not ever see. They will both be on the same cows this year. I don't expect the yearling Balancer to cover as many cows but he will work for it and i know that.

My money is on your yearling range bull.

Determination goes a long way in a bull doing his job... We've had some that hang around the cow eternally, try to mount the wrong end, and stick around after the job is done... they never worked out well, the last bull we had would hang around until the cow was going to let him mount, he'd do it, sniff inspect, and then completely forget about her and go eat and look at the rest of the herd.. He was far more effective.

I know 'Hector', the bull calf I sold to a friend isn't a top animal, but from the moment he set foot at his place (at only 8 months, 750 lbs), the first thing he did was fight the resident 5 year old longhorn, and got his weak spot figured out (the dull end of the longhorn), and rather surpisingly bred the first 3 cows at about 11 months old... Your bulls are probably pretty determined and tough guys too that just get it done.

Latest posts