SALERS

Help Support CattleToday:

cherokeeruby":131k7sti said:
I think the salient point being missed here is that the Salers along with the Limousin are French cattle.

Meaning...difficult, quick to run and when cornered will do anything in their power to get out of fighting?

Buckem
Get in touch with the breeder and find out who he sells to. Talk to them, ask for an honest opinion. Ask the breeder if you can come help when he works cattle. If he agrees, then you can evaluate them up close and in action for yourself. If he says "no", see the thread on these boards regarding everyone's favorite breed(s), shift gears, and pick a different type of cattle. Unless, of course, you are one of those type of cattlemen who thinks a cow is just a pet if she only runs you out of the pen, and that she is just "excitable" if she runs you out of the pen and proceeds to tear the pen down! :D

Funny, I helped a friend load up a cow. She tried to get me while I was on the panel. I had a good laugh, but wouldn't want the thing.

I think I am going to check the breeder out next month. I all ready have Angus and Herfords. I am just looking to see what else is out there.

certherfbeef":3624qqqr said:
cherokeeruby":3624qqqr said:
I think the salient point being missed here is that the Salers along with the Limousin are French cattle.

Meaning...difficult, quick to run and when cornered will do anything in their power to get out of fighting?

Ha! Not to mention making a mess for somebody else to clean up.

Craig-TX

Latest posts