Salers cows/Charolais sired calves

Help Support CattleToday:

OP
P

Pooog1

Reaction score
jaydill":1bmps8nn said:
Pooog1":1bmps8nn said:
The mommas are all at least 3/4 blood Salers and the bull is a Charolais. We have used this cross for years and it is very well received here. I will have to get a picture of the bull for you. The one we are using right now is a 2yr old.
Just curious...what is the other 1/4 blood in those Saler cows?

Sorry, I've been busy for a few days and havent even seen my computer! The other 1/4 in the cows is mostly Herford. There is 1/8 in some but up to 1/4 in others.

jaydill

Reaction score
Pooog1":2guo3kw9 said:
jaydill":2guo3kw9 said:
Pooog1":2guo3kw9 said:
The mommas are all at least 3/4 blood Salers and the bull is a Charolais. We have used this cross for years and it is very well received here. I will have to get a picture of the bull for you. The one we are using right now is a 2yr old.
Just curious...what is the other 1/4 blood in those Saler cows?

Sorry, I've been busy for a few days and havent even seen my computer! The other 1/4 in the cows is mostly Herford. There is 1/8 in some but up to 1/4 in others.
Alright. Thanks!

Jay

OP
P

Pooog1

Reaction score
OH Breeder":ldd5ysrq said:
Great looking calves. Really like your cows.Bet they feed well.

We have done very well with this cross and the Salers cows have always been very maintence free. There was a time when the Salers breed didn't look and act like they do now, but we have a very nice group of cows here that milk very well. No pot bellies or bones show through on the babies! Thanks for your comments.

Latest posts