Salers cows/Charolais sired calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Pooog1

Reaction score
Those good yellow calves are selling high, high, high right now.

Don't wait toooooo late.

Very nice calves Poog. I like the looks of em, and the looks of that 14 year old mama.

Jay

mnmtranching":7t6a1xie said:
You got some market topers there.

Wher you at in ND.

mnmt

We are in the North West part of ND by Minot.

MikeC":1xcmzaxj said:
Where you getting bulls, Poog?

We have been getting our bulls from Doll's. They raise Charolais and Simmental cattle in ND. They have registered cattle for for many years.

Pooog1":3f089b1w said:
MikeC":3f089b1w said:
Where you getting bulls, Poog?

We have been getting our bulls from Doll's. They raise Charolais and Simmental cattle in ND. They have registered cattle for for many years.

I know who you speak of. I have shipped them semen.

Good folks from what I hear.

Why not Minot.... ;-) good looking cattle and grass you look descent for moisture our am I wrong? Any way that makes a great cross.

Have a good one

lazy ace

Hill Creek Farm":wnwwbtze said:
I would like to see the sires to these calves. Are you using salers or Chars for herd sires at your place? :cboy:

The mommas are all at least 3/4 blood Salers and the bull is a Charolais. We have used this cross for years and it is very well received here. I will have to get a picture of the bull for you. The one we are using right now is a 2yr old.

Really good looking animals poog. Do you plan on retaining and heifers of that cross or is it terminal?

Almost makes a person want a saler or 2. almost

MikeC":332fheyw said:
Those good yellow calves are selling high, high, high right now.

Don't wait toooooo late.
How are yellow calves selling in comparison to black calves?

Muratic":3jb9f93h said:
Really good looking animals poog. Do you plan on retaining and heifers of that cross or is it terminal?

We have thought about retaining a few but right now we have been selling them all as we want to keep uniformity in the calves we sell each year. When we replace the cows we have just purchased more of the same. We have a nice place to get replacements.

Pooog1":2tan33ro said:
Muratic":2tan33ro said:

We have thought about retaining a few but right now we have been selling them all as we want to keep uniformity in the calves we sell each year. When we replace the cows we have just purchased more of the same. We have a nice place to get replacements.

Smart move. More folks should try it.

Wouldn't have as many mongrels that way.

Pooog1":yuh61lle said:
The mommas are all at least 3/4 blood Salers and the bull is a Charolais. We have used this cross for years and it is very well received here. I will have to get a picture of the bull for you. The one we are using right now is a 2yr old.
Just curious...what is the other 1/4 blood in those Saler cows?

Latest posts