saler/brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC":3s5882gc said:
hillsdown":3s5882gc said:
I just wouldn't post my full name and numbers on here for all to see, you just never know what kind of hooligans you may attract .

He didn't post them on here, HD. He posted them on Cattle Range. Kinda hard to sell something if you don't give potential buyers a way to contact you.
thanx,thats exctly what i was thinking but hey if any1 shows up i would b more than happy to bbq for them.i may need the same some day.

jaimefloresh":2ug4yg4b said:
Can somebody tell me some about why no to breed saler bulls to brangus cows for terminal cross, tanks
from what ive seen of them, and from what ive heard about their temperment... not even a cross i would concider crossing on a brahman influence.... they look like they would cross better on british breeds

Re: saler/brangus
by ANAZAZI » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 pm

jaimefloresh wrote:
Ok, i`m using char but i prefer black than smokys so with limousine most calf will be black or red right? Tanks

A limousine on brangus will mostly give black calves.

If you use a Homozygous Black Limousin bull you will get ALL black calves out of the Brangus cows.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":3ky6voxb said:

jaimefloresh wrote:
Ok, i`m using char but i prefer black than smokys so with limousine most calf will be black or red right? Tanks

If you use a Homozygous Black Limousin bull you will get ALL black calves out of the Brangus cows.

Wish will add more pounds limo or angus on brangus cows

Circle H Ranch

jaimefloresh":bmjty5k2 said:
Cattleman200":bmjty5k2 said:

jaimefloresh wrote:

Wish will add more pounds limo or angus on brangus cows

Circle H Ranch

Limo will give you a 3 way cross ,more hybrid vigor . You can also use a homo blk GV bull on the cows for a well muscled 3 way cross, that will also give you high ween weights .

Jamie will get mostly black calves with a red bull. Don't know how easy it would be to find a Homozygous black bull of any breed other than Black Angus in Mexico.

Canada just shipped some GV breeding stock to Mexico, Pb reg bred heifers and yearling bulls . But you are right RR , you need to use what is available to you .

Been Red Limousin bulls going to Mexico by the trailer load out of Texas and OK ever fall for quite a few years now. Got to be some down there some where.

yes it it, but what i can find around here are good hereford, saler, char,limo, and not to good angus. i would like to use hereford or black limo but what i gant moust are pounds, so what from this two.

jaimefloresh":2kca3jpo said:
yes it it, but what i can find around here are good hereford, saler, char,limo, and not to good angus. i would like to use hereford or black limo but what i gant moust are pounds, so what from this two.
well if it were me out of the hereford and the lim i would use the lim if it was for terminal. but i dont have much experiance with either so dont put alot of stock in that. also you ask why not saler for terminal. well i dont know how your market works down there but round here the salers i have when bred back to a saler bull they could outweigh an angus calf and bring plenty less because of the way they were put together but when bred to an angus bull they would outsell the angus calf every time. they make one heck of a momma cow and there are calm bred salers out there just make sure you watch thier docility and if you cant get a calm bred one then i wouldnt use them cause the wild ones will sure get you if givin the chance and i have seen them outjump any deer around when put in corrals. but the main reason i wouldnt use them for terminal purpose is there is alot better choice than that. terminal in my mind is for selling the calves not retaining any and if your looking for lbs than there are choices that can give you alot more lbs than the saler ever will and the lim bull would be one that will.

If I had brangus cows and needed a terminal sire, and had to pick from those breeds; I would take the limousine. If I needed a maternal sire to cross on brangus; I would use a hereford bull.

The salers conformation is not terminal enough. And the salers disposition will likely not combine well with the brangus disposition. :2cents: