Salebarn Trip 11-5-14

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was amazed there were no bottle calves there except the one I bought which is a jersey and I prefer Holstein but promised the kids id get them one. I also bought a angus heifer and a red bull calf. heifer weighed 210 bull calf was 250. There were not many calves under 300lbs there. Is anyone else seeing that at the salebarn? I also saw a Holstein bull and man that thing was huge his back was also level with my head and im 6'2 I never been around Holstein bulls so maybe that's normal but I was in awe of that thing. He weighed 2700 lbs.

ResizedImage_1415292680302_zps29ef984f.jpg

ResizedImage_1415292679057_zps09f813a4.jpg

ResizedImage_1415292679654_zpsa6cef9d4.jpg

sky if you think that hol bull was big you should seen the 1 we had in the early 70s.old booty was so long he had to come in the barn in the back stall so he could stick out the door.he was so tall he towered over the butt pan.he weighed well over 3000lbs in his prime.old son could run 40mph beating the heck out off the cattle trailer.old son was as mean as a snake and always looking for a way to kill you.bottle calves are getting harder to find i dont care what state your in.

bigbull338":2fefrdzj said:
sky if you think that hol bull was big you should seen the 1 we had in the early 70s.old booty was so long he had to come in the barn in the back stall so he could stick out the door.he was so tall he towered over the butt pan.he weighed well over 3000lbs in his prime.old son could run 40mph beating the heck out off the cattle trailer.old son was as mean as a snake and always looking for a way to kill you.bottle calves are getting harder to find i dont care what state your in.

BB I was like holy crap this thing is huge and the one you are speaking of must have been his grandpa :lol: Yea they are getting harder to find. I prefer anywhere from 200-300lb calves

Latest posts