Salebarn Today

Help Support CattleToday:

How did they sell? Been thinking of going to northern Arkansas looking for thin cows and/or yearlings that need something to eat.

BC":1yvww8lj said:
How did they sell? Been thinking of going to northern Arkansas looking for thin cows and/or yearlings that need something to eat.
I'm guessing you don't live anywhere near Prosper or Gunter then. Went thru there today and :shock: there was one blade of grass in a 50 mile radius being fought over by 83 grasshoppers.

BC":q1cbhklv said:

You best hurry in a few more weeks there will not be any to be bought as many that has already been sold.

BC":3cksv9xb said:

Cheap they had held on them way to long most were open due to poor BCS.
It would take six months to get 75% of them back in condition.
Poor guy's holding on waiting for that one rain to save them lost their ass.
Lot went ot slaughter from .30 to .50 cent's a pound.

Caustic Burno":2bcvt2lo said:
BC":2bcvt2lo said:

Cheap they had held on them way to long most were open due to poor BCS.
It would take six months to get 75% of them back in condition.
Poor guy's holding on waiting for that one rain to save them lost their ass.
Lot went ot slaughter from .30 to .50 cent's a pound.
Last year a neighbor bought 2 pot loads of bred cows out of texas. They took to the fescue and regained condition well before they calved. I'll have to talk to him on of these days and see how he is fairing now. Before he brought those cows in he ran about 300 pair of limo cows.

Dun we have Bahia grass and it is 80% water.
Rule here is if you buy a cow make sure come's from the south or east.
You bring one in from north or west and they will dang near starve to death before they get lined out on our grass.
These cow's were already down to a BCS of 3 and 4. I wouldn't try one that low IMO.
These were good cow's that had just fell on hard time's.
Another thing that hurt bunch came in horned, there is not hardly anyone in this country want's a horned cow.

CCRanch":18xpn43n said:
What are 400 lb. calves going for. Gonna haul 40 or so the first of Sept.

$145 heifers and $155 steers last week in Meridian, TX.

I think I averaged about $720 per head for steers and heifers but mine were a bit heavier than 4 weights.

backhoeboogie":22v103tn said:
CCRanch":22v103tn said:
What are 400 lb. calves going for. Gonna haul 40 or so the first of Sept.

$145 heifers and $155 steers last week in Meridian, TX.

I think I averaged about $720 per head for steers and heifers but mine were a bit heavier than 4 weights.

Little higher this week here Boogie steer's were pushing 1.80.

Isomade":1j1q1mmj said:
BC":1j1q1mmj said:
I'm guessing you don't live anywhere near Prosper or Gunter then. Went thru there today and :shock: there was one blade of grass in a 50 mile radius being fought over by 83 grasshoppers.

GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN...
I was wondering this morning when the news was featuring wildfires again if any of our folks had been badly harmed....

Isom wasn't harmed we caught him a live trap and have had him at NASA in Houston.
They have been trying to replicate the material his skull is made out of, to no success I might add.
NASA wanted it to put on the bottom of reentry vehicles to keep from having another shuttle type incident
If we could have replicated the material I was going to start the Knucklehead Kanoblin, Pin,Chain,Shaft,and Gear Korporation. We would have part's that would never wear out and I would get rich

Seriously glad you are still kicking.

Just talked to the guy that bought the 2 pot loads of bred cows from tx last year. He staill has grass left but he's about 3 weeks away from having to feed hay at a couple of his farms. Still got the cows and they're raising good calves ofr him.