Salebarn Today

Help Support CattleToday:

My order buyer friend told me to sell anything I'm going to before April 15. Suggests the market is going to crash and burn sometime after that.

We don't have much grazing here right now... need rain to revive the oats and get the rye growing a little before coastal comes up. I've got seven older cows and a cull pair I'm going to haul to Groesbeck next week. Everyone around here say that females are high.. I'm sure people restocking at least partially after the drought.

Aside from the fact that is when my taxes are due did he give reasons behind his statement regarding the market crashing?

-What are everyone elses thoughts?

KANSAS":3gc36u3a said:
Aside from the fact that is when my taxes are due did he give reasons behind his statement regarding the market crashing?

Pea-poor economy and china running everything thru the roof. Companies profits are down mainly cause people have run thru their equity in their homes and dont have money to spend, just debt. The only good thing I can look forward is when the market goes down real estate will come back(its the safest place for your money) and rentals will be bought up as more foreclosures set in. The interest only loans have finally caught up with the nations housing market and economy.

KANSAS":13k5u7ga said:

I am set. Poised. These nickels are burning a hole in my pocket and its hard to keep my finger off the trigger. If it crashes and burns I'll be at the salvage yard buying all I can. That only means I won't be selling lots of hay this year; I'll be feeding it instead. That's where I'd rather be anyway.

KANSAS":35lgqcwi said:

I think we are headed for a Bear market and I run quite a few head in that pasture.
Americans have went from saving 5% to -1% in the last five years, they are borrowing to live a lifestyle. They all want the Mac Mansion and the BMW. Time has came and that debt has to be serviced. This is going to pull money out of the economy and put us in recession. Difference in recession and depression
recession your neighbor is out of work depression you are.