Sale Yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Actually had quite a few bred cows come through yesterday.
The amazing part was watching the bidding war over Brangus heifers 2K and up all were bred.
They all sold in lots of three.
Nice group of Char cross heifers came through light bred going for 1400 I should have bought
everyone of them they were much better cows than the Brangus heifers.
Funny to watch color versus quality sell and the fight for it.
Eight two year old Brangus bulls came through as well and they went reasonable
2500 to 2700 they were very good quality.
If I wasn't going to a couple of sales in April that I plan on bringing some home
I would have jumped on those Char girls and I am not crazy about Chars.

Nice group of Char cross heifers came through light bred going for 1400 I should have bought
everyone of them they were much better cows than the Brangus heifers...........If I wasn't going to a couple of sales in April that I plan on bringing some home
According to some in this forum section, they were obviously somebody else's junk culls, and not worth a crap.
:D :lol:

greybeard":1bgbo584 said:
everyone of them they were much better cows than the Brangus heifers...........If I wasn't going to a couple of sales in April that I plan on bringing some home
According to some in this forum section, they were obviously somebody else's junk culls, and not worth a crap.
:D :lol:

Thank goodness for them as i make money every year off those junk culls.

should go to Groesbeck ain't no one buying heifers over there. on the 13th there was a char 3 mo bred 1090, there was a black heifer 4 mo bred I was talking to a guy but I think 1100, and there was a brangus heifer 7 mo bred 1400, and a nice middle age tiger pair went in the mid 1600. there were some pairs 6 year old cows nothing wrong they split and just weighed the cow and sold the calf because no one was bidding.

Bez__.. I'm not going to listen to you until you get at least 500 posts :p

I saw it too in the sales here.. some nice Limo or Gelbveih heifers went for way less than inferior black counterparts... One I didn't get to see go through the ring (don't know if she was bred) was a long yearling that looked good to me, and was pretty docile too.. it was a cow that would have looked good in my front pasture

Latest posts