Sale Today

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2whao7ib said:
If you were selling bred or pairs today you got your feelings hurt.
Fine pairs bringing 1100
Heavy breds best I saw was 850.

Not sure that would hurt my feelings but it would hurt a lot of other places...

I hauled a 700 lb Brahman crossbred zebra striped heifer and got 800 frog hides.
Compared to her competition she rang the bell.
I still can't get over Brangus pairs bring 1100 dollars.
Just wasn't many back to the farm buyers. I should have pulled the trigger on three or four pairs and ran them till fall. Grass is greening up but has absolutely no nutritional value right now. I didn't haul the trailer as I hadn't planned to buy any yet
It was date night and I just didn't have time or wanted to get that look from the Mrs cause I was screwing that up.

Caustic Burno":5nf2i6op said:
Fine pairs bringing 1100
CB you think that's going to be the ongoing trend??Haven't seen any sale barn reports from this area in a while so no idea but go to town and goosenecks are going all directions.

TexasBred":smf2fwrh said:
Caustic Burno":smf2fwrh said:
Fine pairs bringing 1100
CB you think that's going to be the ongoing trend??Haven't seen any sale barn reports from this area in a while so no idea but go to town and goosenecks are going all directions.

TB I think in a couple weeks those prices are going to jump.
Barn was packed Saturday no one was buying my crystal ball says they are short on hay and grass right now.
They did better at Crockett on Tuesday
Volume was very low for Crockett
http://www.easttexaslivestock.com/market-reports/

Caustic Burno":37w7ndzj said:
Fine pairs bringing 1100

They were a little better than that at Navasota Saturday.

I have been picking up bred cows that pregged 6 or 7 months. In the last three weeks I have bought 13. There are 2 heifers, 1 old cow, 1 pair and the rest are mid aged cows. They are all black and probably average around 1,300 pounds. I have an average under $800 into them.

skyhightree1":3tqz1hpu said:
J&D Cattle":3tqz1hpu said:
Young pairs w/ 500lb calves that were bred back brought $2600 here last Saturday.

I haven't heard any prices like that since atleast 3 years ago.

There were 120 from one farm sell out that had those pairs. 3rd period young cows were as high as $1960. It was a heck of a sale I was told. The info came from several people so it's not fabricated.

J&D Cattle":1lzuob5t said:
skyhightree1":1lzuob5t said:
J&D Cattle":1lzuob5t said:
Young pairs w/ 500lb calves that were bred back brought $2600 here last Saturday.

I haven't heard any prices like that since atleast 3 years ago.

There were 120 from one farm sell out that had those pairs. 3rd period young cows were as high as $1960. It was a heck of a sale I was told. The info came from several people so it's not fabricated.

I don't doubt you at all.. I just wish they were here cause I darn sure would be dumping a bunch .

J&D Cattle":3sbrvdlp said:
About right if the cows were good. That 500 lb. calf is worth $750 at least.

Stocker Steve":mg9zicqp said:
No one wants heavy feeders due to low fat futures prices. Light cattle were more in demand. I sold my 553# red sort off heifers today for $136.
I've had a standing order at some Colorado sale barns for the last few weeks buying heifers in the 5's like yours. I'm getting it done for $131 at 527lbs. Those heifers are going to a growyard in Colorado to be limit fed and spayed. They'll get turned out on one of our Wyoming ranches in early May.

Two order buyers and a construction worker fought over thin 3 to 6 year old cows today - - $1350 to $1500 each. :shock: Must be grass fever since that kind had been going for $1200. I drove home empty. :hat:

Latest posts