Sale time

Help Support CattleToday:

they are sure a nice looking trio of heifers. would make a good addition to any herd. good luck on the sale. let us know how they sell.

Thanks I feel they are the kind to work for sure. We did AI and selected 8 that had been confirmed safe via ultrasound. That being said 2072 (not pictured) must of slipped her calf because she came up in heat last week. We replaced her with 2052 a super nice heifer but she will be the only heifer offered not AI bred. The info on the 3 heifers pictured in order of photos is:

Gizmo Abigale 2026 reg# 20093294 safe AI to Coleman Marshall
Gizmo Abigale 2038 reg# 20093700 safe AI to Coleman Engage
Gizmo Bridget 2061 reg# 20093303 safe AI to SS Niagara

Selecting heifers is so hard to be honest the entire pen of heifers we have are really good but we didn't need to keep 32 heifers. The criteria I use is to make sure I have either a sister or dam still in production, I don't want to sell the factory just the production of the factory. So if the dam is gone I need to keep a sister lol. I have a number of retained heifers that stuck AI I am retaining a flush sister to 2026 and 2038 I still have the dam of 2061 in production.

Sorry I haven't gotten back we will have eight bred heifers in the sale and four cow calf pairs. The catalog is now online.Maternal Gems the boss and I are off on another grand adventure checking off a bucket list trip to the Grand Canyon, so I have not been online much.