Sale pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Well the videos for the sale are now ready, pretty excited about this offering!

I will post the videos by lot number:

I can only post 5 videos at a time so I will tell you a bit about the first five:

Lot 24 & 24A Giz Blackbird D39 1554 6106 we really life the Wulffs EXT 6106 daughters and anyone that follows the Coleman Angus program will know a bit about Coleman Blackbird 1554 really great cow family. The heifer calf by Coleman EXT 6149 who was part of the same flush that produced Coleman Donna 6139 and Coleman Donna 6148 really special heifer calf.

Lot 25 and 25A Giz Henrietta Pride E28 NR A young daughter of the Pathfinder donor Sitz Henrietta Pride 151K, this cows production record is incredible! The heifer calf by President is going to be mighty good.

Lot 45 & 45A Giz Blkcap May E21 C42 0256 A picture is worth a thousand words this young cow is raising her second calf and is doing a jam up good job. The bull calf by Renown is going to make someone a heck of a herd bull.

Lot 46 & 46A Giz Kinochtry Bty D28 1232 A female out of our Coleman EXT 6149 bull that just does it right the President calf at her side is a stud.

Lot 47 & 47A Gizmo Annie C16 1216 1441 This cow belongs to our granddaughter Sydney this female is a daughter of the cow we gave her to start her herd. Check out the video you won't find a hole in this girl. The bull calf at her side is going to be stout he is out of a Regard son that is as good as your going to find anywhere.

I will post more videos when I get the time.

L

no I will give 3
50, 51, and 55
50 is going to make an awesome cow. Her dam is just my kind it is really hard to let go of her. A full brother to this heifer for 16,000 at least I think that was what he sold for. 9057 is just darn special.

51 is actually out of a flush sister to lot 24 so gives you some insight as to the consistency this cow family produces. The lot 24 has a heifer calf at side that is already giving me seller regret.

55 definitely ties up some of my favorites in one powerhouse package. On the top is a SAV Recharge son out of a Pathfinder cow Gizmo Pride 811 525 430 her sire was Coleman Midland 430 I only had 10 straws of semen on that bull and didn't get many to stick but the ones that did sure worked. 811's dam 525 a cow that also achieved Pathfinder status. 525 is a daughter of Fink pride 0165 the starting point for this line in our herd. On the bottom the dam of this heifer is sired by our Coleman EXT 6149 bull we love our females out of 6149 I still add more each year. You will see him weaved in and out of many of the Gizmo pedigrees. this heifer also traces back to the great Duchess 55 cow from the Graham program in Georgia. We purchased her dam as a bred heifer in a dispersal sale and she is still producing quality calves at 13 years of age.

I am going to try to post a couple more of the videos tonight if I can stay awake long enough. Lot 48 & 48A

That will be all the video allowed in one so I started with the Lot 48 and 48A calf. C66 is just a beast of a cow deep soggy a sherman tank! she is a easy keeping cow that pulls her weight in the pasture.

Next are the bred heifers:

Lot 50 out of our donor SAV Blackbird 9057 and sired by Renown. This heifer brings it with both phenotype and pedigree. Front pasture kind for sure

Lot 51 This heifer is out of a flush sister to the lot 24 cow. Really nice cow family and I think this mating to Rainfall hit a home run. Again a front pasture female that has the right kind of phenotype as well a wicked good pedigree.

Lot 52 SAV Abundance x our now deceased SAV Blackcap May 0524 this heifer is going to make a brood cow for sure.

Lot 53 A Heifer out of a first calf heifer her individual ratios of 110 for ww and 115 for Yw are pretty impressive. This was the first year I used Coleman Engage and to be totally honest was not a fan at first the calves came small but dang they sure grow into impressive cattle. They are deep and soggy, easy keepers and breed right up for you. Just not much not to love about this heifer.

Tomorrow I will post what I am calling my hidden gems. They don't have the pedigrees that folks will know as well as some of the others but I promise the pedigree is stacked up with cows that have passed the test of time, doing the job out in the pasture and doing it well. Heifers with a front pasture phenotype that will make you money! Stay tuned!

Well we are three days from sale day! So figured I would post the last two heifers the ones I am calling my hidden gems. These heifers don't have the hot pedigrees they are out of cows that have proven themselves in our herd year in and year out.

Check out the pedigree on this female 6 Pathfinders up close, this is the kind to build a herd around.

A paternal sister to lot 54 out of a daughter of Duchess 859 back to the great Graham Duchess 55. Her grandsire is the flush brother to the great Coleman Donna 6148.

Like I said these aren't pedigrees of the hottest new genetics they are genetics that have stood the test of time!

Hope yall can join us in person or online Saturday it should be a great sale!

Jscunn

We had a great day! It was a beautiful weekend all the consignors did a great job and dug deep to offer an awesome set of females. Our cattle were very well received I don't know who got all of them yet but Lot 50 sold to Scott Haynes of Haynes Farms in Blountsville Alabama they also picked up another bred heifer. The lot 51 heifer went to Shady Brook Farms in Leona Tn as well as lot 52. Upchurch Brothers Angus picked up three of our lots 47, 24A and one other. Will Chapman of Limstone Angus picked up the lot 24 cow. our friend Tim Hopkins also purchased one of our bred heifers. We had cattle sell to Georgia, Alabam, Tennessee and Kentucky. Rob Adams and his family were Super hosts they had everything ready and I believe Rob ordered up perfect weather! Mark Sims did a great job managing and as auctioneer. The weekend reminded me one of the major reasons I love the cattle business so much is the wonderful people you meet.

I can't begin to properly thank all those that bid or purchased our cattle it is humbling for sure.

Glad to hear it went so well for you.
That's handy money for them. Did you bring more home than you took to the sale Gizmon?

Ken
Needless to say we were pretty excited. It was more than we anticipated but at an auction you never know. We only brought one home with us lot 19. I tried to buy her mamma a few years back, really wanted to add that cow family into the genetic mix. It will be fun selecting who to match her up with, nice young cow. She had a Niagara heifer on her side that was flawless. Sydney was so excited she is all about breeding more cows now. Her cow is now in a partnership between Upchurch Brothers Angus and Limestone Angus she is going into the donor pen. Limestone also purchased lot 24 and Shady Brook was the contending bidder. I will be excited to see how these cattle perform for their new owners!. The bred heifers were as a group the best we ever offered at auction. JSCUNN nailed them in his pick with how they sold. The lot 51 and 52 went to Shady Brook Angus when and 50 to Haynes Angus these are some top notch programs so needless to say when cattlemen of this caliber appreciate your offering well it is humbling. I still don't know who got all of our lots but the lot 24A went to Upchurch Brothers that is going to be a awesome heifer she is double bred Wulffs EXT just as complete as you can make one. The lot 25A heifer I don't know who got her but she is another one that is going to be donor quality.

Latest posts