Sale Day

Help Support CattleToday:

bandit80

Reaction score
Brother and I sold our 08 calves Wednesday, and I was just tickled pink. Our calves are all managed the same and fed together after weaning, so we sell them together for bigger lots. Sale barn divides the numbers up from different ear tag numbers. Works out real well.

698# steers brought .965
575# steers brought 1.16
680# heifers brought .87
573# hefiers brought .98

The market was up about $8. We were happy based on how the market had gone the last several weeks. Cull cow market was up about $8 this weeks as well.

you got a real good price for your calves.i hope our calf prices are on the upswing here.

bandit80":24cvxk6t said:
Brother and I sold our 08 calves Wednesday, and I was just tickled pink. Our calves are all managed the same and fed together after weaning, so we sell them together for bigger lots. Sale barn divides the numbers up from different ear tag numbers. Works out real well.

698# steers brought .965
575# steers brought 1.16
680# heifers brought .87
573# hefiers brought .98

The market was up about $8. We were happy based on how the market had gone the last several weeks. Cull cow market was up about $8 this weeks as well.

What predominantly was color/breeding? What type of shot, weaning protocol did you follow? condition of calves? etc.These prices seem very good compared to our area as we are probally less than 150 miles apart. Just was interested as I am a big believer in if they are the right type and worked right they "buyers" will pay up for them. Good for you!

Those are pretty good prices.
I will note though that they sure didn't want to pay much for that extra 123 lbs. on those big steers?
About $7 extra or less that 6 cents a pound! Seems to me that is about the cheapest gain that feedlot will ever get!